can't sleep again

Thanks gang, for the diagnoses...I kinda figured that out for myself as well. I'm overdue for a checkup anyway...

Michael, hope your sleeping disorder is lessened until you're finally getting a good night's rest. My youngest bro also plays music at extremely low volumes when he goes to bed; seems to work for him. Do you have an extra pair of Cornwalls to shove in the corners of your bedroom?2.gif

Personally speaking, when I do tend to have trouble sleeping, it's generally related to excess mental activity (i.e. worrying, anxiety) about something that isn't going too well in my life. Thankfully, this doesn't happen all that often, but when it does, it's a real pain for sure. It's an odd feeling to be stretched out on your bed, physically tired, but with your brain a dynamo of thought and activity.

When the issue or problem is finally resolved, everything goes back to normal.

What would really suck would be if you I had that type of anxiety all the time over practically everything, which, thankfully, I don't.

-H2G

Michael,

I'm having a cup of Kava Kava tea right now. It is relaxing, don't know if it would be much help for sleep or not, but the relaxing is nice.

Are you doing any reading? That helps me and depending on what it is helps me off to sleep, too. I've got some recommendations if you are interested.

----------------

On 6/13/2005 1:49:42 PM Dylanl wrote:

I have what I recently found out was called restless leg. Sleeping can be very difficult with this at times impossible.

----------------

You might want to have a blood test to check your iron level. Low iron levels can cause/contribute to restless leg syndrome.

Chris

ha ha ha what a fuuny coincidance, i worked nights for my first 20 years as an electrician, 18 months ago i went to nights just to stay employed, now because i am a single father i get 2-4 hours a day, between parental responsibilities, so i got my sennheiser headphone setup to help me, funny thing, they are so good that they are like a lullabye, give a good set of cans a try, they just seem to get the sandman working faster