MCACC

thejez

Reading all this quoted crap gives me a headache, all in favor of nominating Dragonfyr for Forum Butthole of the Month say Aih!

Those that think they know it all make it difficult for us that do!

I have never been much of a Pioneer receiver fan though. Although you guys seem to be getting good results and that is all that really matters.

I am just a proponent of doing things the old fashioned way I suppose, and not let a receiver judge how my system should sound in my room.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 6/20/2005 2:02:42 PM Olorin wrote:

DF, it's clear enough that you have little but contempt for this place and the people in it. Why do you come around? Does it make you feel better to talk down to people?----------------

I dislike the Luddites who, instead of exploring the subject at a level that may be a little past their comfort level, choose to respond like you do, with a self-rghteous ignorance declaring anything they do not understand to be nonsense!

I would much rather speak with people open to exploring that which they may or may not be familiar with. And it would be nice if someone would present something other then an emotional basis for their position.After all, it is a complete waste of time to debate which flavor of ice cream you like best!

So thanks for YOUR usual erudite insight into the topic which fails to address even the most fundamental aspects of the topic and would rather discuss people. Shouldn't you be watching "Entertainment Tonight" or reading "People" magazine?

And if you want to discuss small acoustic spaces, how about finding out what one is!?

And if you want to discuss the analysis of reverberant fields, find out what a reverberant field is!

You're making stuff up again. I didn't say anything was nonsense. I also never mentioned small acoustic spaces.

Don't get all high and mighty about "the topic." Every topic drifts. Your posts drift in the space of a paragraph.

Look, jdm asked you a fairly direct question. You neglected to respond to it, instead going off on one of your typical screeds. You speak of the Forum as though it were one individual with one mind, and you use the comments of a few individuals to insult the membership collectively.

I also asked you two direct questions to which you failed to respond directly, instead responding with red herrings ad hominem attacks. I'll help your comfort by working at your level.

So, were you born a terrific *******, or did you refine your technique through years of study and practice?

----------------

On 6/20/2005 2:44:29 PM Olorin wrote:

You're making stuff up again. I didn't say anything was nonsense. I also never mentioned small acoustic spaces.

Don't get all high and mighty about "the topic." Every topic drifts. Your posts drift in the space of a paragraph.

Look, jdm asked you a fairly direct question. You neglected to respond to it, instead going off on one of your typical screeds. You speak of the Forum as though it were one individual with one mind, and you use the comments of a few individuals to insult the membership collectively.

I also asked you two direct questions to which you failed to respond directly, instead responding with red herrings ad hominem attacks. I'll help your comfort by working at your level.

So, were you born a terrific *******, or did you refine your technique through years of study and practice?
----------------

My posts are directed in response to numerous posts! Believe it or not, you not only are not the only one, but your's are not even ones I really give a damn about! And you are right, you never mentioned ANYTHING pertaining to acoustics! AS USUAL!

We have addressed the "what can you EQ issue" in the past in quite alot of depth. And I am not going to simply go back and repeat it all again here, now. Non-minimum phase signals cannot be effectively EQd. There, I have stated it again. But I am sure that you still have no idea what that means.

And why I come here? Certainly not to talk to you and your Luddite cronies! Rather in the hopes of discussing some topics that are perhaps not at the absolute beginner level, and where those who do not feel logic, math and physics are out of place. But it seems that too many seem to take great delight in talking about what perhaps is the only thing they are capable of, and that seems to be to talk about others rather then the ideas presented.

And I have your example to aspire too! Kisses!

----------------

On 6/20/2005 1:59:32 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Reading all this quoted crap gives me a headache, all in favor of nominating Dragonfyr for Forum Butthole of the Month say Aih!

Those that think they know it all make it difficult for us that do!

I have never been much of a Pioneer receiver fan though. Although you guys seem to be getting good results and that is all that really matters.

I am just a proponent of doing things the old fashioned way I suppose, and not let a receiver judge how my system should sound in my room.

----------------

Just the MONTH..........

I say the decade....AIH

----------------

On 6/20/2005 3:02:56 PM dragonfyr wrote:

Whatever you say Barney.

Aren't you from Compton?!

Nice job! What, a thousand rounds in to an unarmed person's car...

And still missed him!!!!

----------------

Maybe they waiting for you to tell thwm what the were doing wrong. Your post's are quite clearly aimed at getting folks wound up. Quite sad really, when someone thinks he is a expert on all topics.

Unarmed? Were you there? No? Oh the media that you say distorts dog attack stories must be your sorce?

----------------

On 6/20/2005 3:08:03 PM Royster wrote:

Maybe they waiting for you to tell thwm what the were doing wrong.

----------------------

And coming from one among several who have NEVER contributed ONE single intelligible idea pertinent to acoustics, I find it interesting that you accuse me of not trying to discuss those very issues and only trying to cause trouble.

Ah, as you have obviously not read not understood anything regarding EW or MCACC, you can't EQ non-minimum phase signals, and per Pioneer, they attempt to do so by analyzing the reverberant field in a small room!

And the response being "ignore what Pioneer writes and trust that the 'scientists' are doing incredible magical things in the back room", isn't quite sufficient!

Oh, and per a little agency called the US Secret Service, a situation that cannot be resolved in 3 rounds is OUT OF CONTROL! >1000 rounds! Yep, the problem is that you don't have sufficient semi-auto weaponry!

And I don't recall having you called in when we were addressing the CSX railway incident 1.5 years ago either! But I guess you don't know what I am talking about!

But we're lucky to have someone doing dog rounds.

----------------

On 6/20/2005 2:57:43 PM dragonfyr wrote:

My posts are directed in response to numerous posts! Believe it or not, you not only are not the only one, but your's are not even ones I really give a damn about! And you are right, you
never
mentioned ANYTHING pertaining to acoustics! AS USUAL!

We have addressed the "what can you EQ issue" in the past in quite alot of depth. And I am not going to simply go back and repeat it all again here, now. Non-minimum phase signals cannot be effectively EQd. There, I have stated it again. But I am sure that you still have no idea what that means.

And why I come here? Certainly not to talk to you and your Luddite cronies! Rather in the hopes of discussing some topics that are perhaps not at the absolute beginner level, and where those who do not feel logic, math and physics are out of place. But it seems that too many seem to take great delight in talking about what perhaps is the only thing they are capable of, and that seems to be to talk about others rather then the ideas presented.

And I have your example to aspire too! Kisses!

----------------

So talk about the ideas, if you can. Talk about the math, and the theory, and the "fisicks" of all of it without resorting to insulting the people around you. Is it just too hard? Is it just to frustrating? Are you disappointed that Average Joe Home Theater can't talk at your level about your pet esoteric field?

You seem to think you have much to contribute here, and maybe you do. Average Joe Home Theater will never know, though, because you can't talk to people. You talk OVER people, and you talk AT people, and you talk DOWN TO people, but you don't talk DIRECTLY TO people.

Maybe you talk directly to your cronies in your esoteric field, but this isn't that forum. This is a hobbyist forum.

So spare the gnashing of teeth, the rending of garments, and the righteous indignation over the failure of the "Luddites" to come up to your level. Instead look around you, realize where you are, and tailor your responses to your audience. If you can't do that, you've no right to whine when people your style obnoxious, abrasive, and condescending.

----------------

On 6/20/2005 3:21:50 PM dragonfyr wrote:

----------------

----------------------

And coming from one among several who have NEVER contributed ONE single intelligible idea pertinent to acoustics, I find it interesting that you accuse me of not trying to discuss those very issues and only trying to cause trouble.

Ah, as you have obviously not read not understood anything regarding EW or MCACC, you can't EQ non-minimum phase signals, and per Pioneer, they attempt to do so by analyzing the reverberant field in a small room!

And the response being "ignore what Pioneer writes and trust that the 'scientists' are doing incredible magical things in the back room", isn't quite sufficient!

Oh, and per a little agency called the US Secret Service, a situation that cannot be resolved in 3 rounds is OUT OF CONTROL! >1000 rounds! Yep, the problem is that you don't have sufficient semi-auto weaponry!

And I don't recall having you called in when we were addressing the CSX railway incident 1.5 years ago either! But I guess you don't know what I am talking about!

----------------

1.5 years ago, you were not even a member of the forumthen.........

Bable all you wish your colors show quite clearly.......

Buy the way do you even own any Klipsh gear????????

Yes, folks like you who have contributed NOTHING to the acoustics topic and then complain that I am not talking more about acoustics. Do you want the math too? I can certainly imagine THAT helping!

Talk about self-rigteous noise! And I am tired of folks responding to the issue with the physics and math are flawed responses. If that is your feeling, then you have nothing to add to the discussion of the science of acoustics- much as you have not added anything meaningful to the discussion of EQing non-minimum phase signals and claiming that DSP systems magically can examine non-existent reverberent fields in a small acoustical space - but then I mentioned those some time ago!

If you care to address those issues then by all means. The fact remains, you cannot EQ non-minimum phase signals to correct for acoustical room anomalies.

What part of that statement confuses you?

I'm not confused at all. You came into this thread to crap on MCACC. Then you proceeded to crap on the Forum and it's members. You do too much coming around here and crapping on people for no good reason. Save the crap, or go crap somewhere else. What part of that don't you get?

----------------

On 6/20/2005 3:33:36 PM Royster wrote:

----------------

On 6/20/2005 3:21:50 PM dragonfyr wrote:

----------------

----------------------

----------------

1.5 years ago, you were not even a member of the forumthen.........

You don't have a clue! But it is readily obvious that the only place I would normally encounter you would
not
be in a professional environment but only on a forum!

Bable all you wish your colors show quite clearly.......

I offered before, any time you would like to compare credentials and accomplishments and resumes.....

Buy the way do you even own any Klipsh gear????????

Yes, I suspect long before you were even aware of it! But thanks for expressing your ignorance and caring so much for what I own!

Finally, he adds SOMETHING that might remotely be considered to have something, ANYTHING to audio/acoustics! I guess its a start! And perhaps a first!

----------------

----------------

Whatever you say Barney.

And still missed him!!!!

----------------

The name is not Barney....

But if that is a nickname that you wish to lable me with, so be it.

Now i guess a fitting one for would be what? I have it from this point forward you will be known as "*** Bag".....

Does that work?

----------------

On 6/20/2005 3:41:28 PM Olorin wrote:

I'm not confused at all. You came into this thread to crap on MCACC. Then you proceeded to crap on the Forum and it's members. You do too much coming around here and crapping on people for no good reason. Save the crap, or go crap somewhere else. What part of that don't you get?
----------------

Gee, and it looks so good on you! Its hard to imagine anything complimenting you more!

----------------

On 6/20/2005 3:43:04 PM Royster wrote:

----------------

Whatever you say Barney.

And still missed him!!!!

----------------

The name is not Barney....

But if that is a nickname that you wish to lable me with, so be it.

Now i guess a fitting one for would be what? I have it from this point forward you will be known as "*** Bag".....

Does that work?

----------------

Coming from Barney the redneck pig, it is totally expected! I would be surprised by anything less, as you noticebly have had nothing to say about analyzing reverberent fields or EQing non-minimum phase signals!