OT: FM ANTENNAS

My wife & I just purchased our first home and I would like to get a decent FM antenna for our Sansui tuner. I have been considering the Terk50 but some of the smaller indoor ones look enticing. I may also put an FM transmitter on the roof so I was thinking that having indoor recption would prevent any future interference. The Terk 50 can be used inside but it obviously performs best at the highest point available. Any have any reccomendations. My current dipole creates reception w/ a lot of static.

JC

How far are you from the stations you wish to hear? Are the stations in different directions or in one general direction, say 45°? Are there obstructions between your house and the stations, e.g. hills, water towers, etc.?

DR BILL

I called the station that I was most interested in listening to and asked them what was up. They are 5 miles away but the signal stunk (using supplied antennae), they asked me which what the wall faced that I had the antennae on and told me to put the ant on a North or South facing wall. 200% better.

The Fanfare FM-2G FM antenna is an exact match in looks, price and functionality as the Magnum Dynalab Antenna mentioned in the previous post. A nicely priced used model by either manufacturer would serve you well.

You could easily recoup the dollars if you upgrade to a directional antenna in the future.

Fanfare%20Antenna.jpg

JC,

You might take a look at a Godar. They are highly thought of by many FM gurus as the antenna of choice for indoor use. Of course, a dedicated outdoor, directional antenna is always best. I have an APS whip, various Terk type powered units, a few different dipoles and even a couple of pairs of rabbit ears. The Godar Model 2 works best for me with Radio Shack rabbit ears not far behind.

You can find Godar at http://users.mcleodusa.net/m/mgodar/index.html

They are great people to deal with and sold to me at somewhat below the listed price. You can also sometimes find them listed on eBay by Godar.

Good Luck,

Chris