Upgrade Heresy II with a 15?

thumperxes

I was pondering over the thought of remaking cabinets for heresy II that would accommodate a k-33 does anyone know if the crossover will handle it enough or how much the top end of the Hz response would change due to the impedance, and why pwk didnt design the speaker with a 15. My friends logic was that he might not have wanted to compete with the bigger speakers on a small scale. I am looking for opinions on this project idea until I get a k-33 to test build a cabinet. Or my other option is to repress the speakers with zebra wood. This is a project that I will try eventually just want some ideas on this or suggestions that could be helpful to the project

The mod your considering is called a Cornwall, I believe however the crossovers for both are nearly identical. Bob Crites (BEC), Al Klappenberger or Dean Wescott (DeanG) can give you a few more details on this. The names in () are their forum monikers. If you contact any of these gents they can offer you the most help.

Sell them and just buy Cornwalls instead. If you decide to build them yourself will need the larger K-600 horn to go with the K-33.

If you are going to build something like that though I would give the CornScala design a hard look, seems like the best of both worlds.

There are a couple of threads you might find interesting on making dramatic improvements in Heresy bass by using a larger cabinet, though retaining the 12 inch woofer.

Do a search for Heresy on Steroids by Al Klappenberger.

There is another more recent thread on a ported Heresy.

thanks for the ideas and the advice. once i get some of my other projects out of the way i might giv one of there a try. for some reason im thinking that these speakers would look awesome in zebra wood. should i remake the cabinet (what im thinking) or just revenere over the original cab(probaly not to wise)