Wanted: Klipschorns (Canada)

Huck

Hi:I am looking for a pair of KHorns,preferably in Canada.

I am also willing to consider a purchase in the U.S.,either new or used.These monsters have a 15K list here in Canada,but can get them for around 11k taxes in.Does anybody know the full list in U.S., or can you recommend a U.S. dealer? Thanks, Huck 1.gif

They are rather difficult to come by used in Canada but they can be had from time to time.It took me over a year to track down a pair.They cost me $2000.00 Canadian and a 700 mile road trip.They were in miserable shape cosmetically but were functionally perfect.Definitely worth the hassle.

PS you have an email.

Huck

I've posted this before--I don't know if they are still there, a store in Toronto has a black pair--brand new and I think he wants 5000.00 can. for them plus taxes. His got La Scallas as well. Get all the info and ask around if they truly the current production-- Get the serial numbers, crossovers, horns etc. B4 you spend this kind of money make sure you cover everything. Anyway the store is: Replay Electronics

416-251-9096

1120 The Queensway,

Etobicoke, ON M8Z 1P7

There is also a store in the west end Toronto called Empire Audio. I can't remember their phone number. He is a Klipsch dealer for many many years. 2.gif

Best of luck1.gif2.gif

Good evening,

The store that Raptorman is talking about in Etobicoke is called Audio Empire. The man who owns it is Harley and he is the main man for audio in Toronto. I have been shopping there for over 12 years. I have bought two different pairs of heresy's from him. He is a class act and the most honest salesman I have ever met. He can get brand new Heritage much faster than anyone else. He has been dealing with Klipsch for years.

Good Luck

Delano

I have dealt with Harley, Audio Empire over the years, Acurus A-150 amp, RL-11 preamp and a TEAC VRDS-10 and found him very good to deal with. He is located on Albion Road, south side, just east of Islington Ave. A very small store, but loaded with good equipment.

These would be new speakers, not the discount deal you are probably hoping to get.

Hi: I am looking to spend between 5 and 6K for a pair, seems that these monsters are hard to find used. I don't really want to pay full list, (15k plus tax). My other half flipped when I told her I was looking for more speakers for that kinda money. Oh well. Huck. 9.gif

Since you live in Niagara Falls, keep an eye out for New York State, northern Pennsylvania, Ohio for a pair. It wouldn't be any further drive than Toronto and even paying 15% at the border could make them very affordable. You might find a pair for $2000 or less US, rent a van and drive down and pick them up. It would be a lot cheaper and then allow you to deal with Al, Dean or Bob about updating the crossover network. You would have a pair for a nice tidy sum and your wife would think you scored a deal by comparison.

Just my 2 cents, Canadian. 3.gif

----------------

On 7/7/2005 5:52:58 PM Dflip wrote:

Since you live in Niagara Falls, keep an eye out for New York State, northern Pennsylvania, Ohio for a pair. It wouldn't be any further drive than Toronto and even paying 15% at the border could make them very affordable.

----------------

Totally agree. That would be the way to go. Seems like a lot of Heritage surfaces in Rochester, NY from time to time.

Chris

Hi:Does anyone know what the full retail is for the Khorns in U.S.dollars?Maybe I would be further ahead and buy from the states??.I realize that the warranty will not be honoured in Canada, so worth a risk? Retail is 15K plus 15%taxes up here in Canada. Thanks, Huck2.gif

rent a van, drive down to get the k horns. take the fast ferry from rochester to toronto and beat the 15% duty. just kidding, that boat is jinxed and i wouldnt recommend you put a nice pair of k horns on it. the rochester powers that be spent 32 million in tax dollars on that boat. the same powers that be say they can only afford 1 computer for the kids in my grandsons school.