rw-12 overkill???

lb19984

Seriously though, when it comes to subs there is no such thing as overkill. At the very least you can just turn down the volume on the sub, but as my sig says: there's no replacement for displacement. Bigger subs are by nature lower distortion designs so that alone is reason enough in my book for going with the bigger one (especially if you can afford it). Heck, I would even recommend going with the RW-15.

"worse" is a strong word..

We heard the new synergy system at the Klipsch weekend. The sub rocked!!

I do not know if this is the new one in stores yet too. If not, wait till you hear it!

In theory, yes, the reference should beat synergy but your also talking about a reference 10" reference vs a 12" synergy that IMO was really improved and not to be overlooked. Your NOT running a big Ref 7 system so a need for a Ref 15" is not necessary here. Just trying to help you out and offer a suggestion is all.

And yes, you might save some $$ too!

i have another question i just saw the rw-10 in silver And i really like the silver color and i know they dont have the rw-12 in silver so the revised question will be will the rw-10 be a lil underpowering? I currently have my speakers hooked up to a klipsch ultra sub (dual firring 8" inchers) and its not enough for me

or does anyone know if a silver rw-12 will be released?

Thanks

----------------

On 7/7/2005 1:00:56 PM lb19984 wrote:

so the revised question will be will the rw-10 be a lil underpowering? I currently have my speakers hooked up to a klipsch ultra sub (dual firring 8" inchers) and its not enough for me

Thanks

----------------

if you think the ultra 5.1 sub is underpowering, then you won't be impressed with an rw-10, i'd go with a synergy 12 and not look back.