Newest Stock LaScala Networks ?????

I was reviewing some pics from the pilgrimmage and 1 showed the frequency response of 2 different LaScala networks. The picture wasn't quite clear enough, but it looked like an older network compared with a newer style (Not sure on this)??? I thought the picture showed an increase in bass around 100 Hz, and a decrease in the high mid / low top end region, with a much smoother looking response overall.

My questions are:

First, what was the picture really showing?

If these are networks sold by Klipsch, what are they called?

Has anyone tried them on LaScalas, and how do they sound?

Thanks for any info.

The new network is the AL-4 and you need to replace the midrange and tweeter driver to the newer version to use them. Save your pennies the upgrade will cost you a cool $1800 or so.

You would be better off to upgrade the components in your current network or have Dean or Al work you up some new Type A's or AA equivalent's. The performance yields gained by updating the networks will surprise you.

Your AL-3s in the 1990 Lascalas are a pretty good set of networks in my opinion. You could always rebuild them to get the caps back to perfect if you want. I tested the AL-3s in my 1990 Lascalas against completely new AL-3s that I built and found that the orginal AL-3s showed a bit of degradation from the old caps aging. Not a huge amount, but some.

Bob

Bob,

I still need to have you touch up my last pair of heresy nets. I have been so busy with travel and other personal stuff that I haven't had time to get them taken apart and sent. But I will.

As for the Las, I thought for a moment there might be some new miracle drop in network from Klispch that jacked up the bass and smoothed out the mids. I will probably just sit on what I have and do what you recommended some rainy day. I think they are still in pretty darn good shape and not quite ready for a touch up yet. Thanks for the info.