Klf-10 vs. rf-3

Yes, they will be better than your KG 4's. I used to have 4.5's and now have KLF 10's and trust me, they are a better speaker. After having bought my KLF 10's I listened to a pair in a local shop next to a Pair of RF3's. I walked away knowing I had the right speakers, especially considiering I had purchased them new for $450 and the RF's I couldn't get for less than $700.

Another opinion - the RF-3 is ALOT of speaker for $350. If you listen to exclusively rock, then go for the KLF's. However, if your musical tastes a little wider (jazz, clasical, instrumental), you'd do well to take home the RF-3's. I've got a pair mated to a modded Marantz 1030 integrated, and it sounds awesome with whatever I throw at it, including rock.

• 4 years later...

well i havent had a chance to check a klf speaker yet, but i know of rf3s they are very neat sounding n have a tight bass without boom and power handling to die for i listen to instrumentals,classicals,and rock .they deliver utmost clarity n dynamics with my low powered but very neat amp,quad 303 n pre amp33.

wow

looking at ur set ups

i gather u r an avid klipsch fan

well

how do u value the klf 20s against the smaller sets u have in ur other rooms

pls keep the audio at 90 dbs or so for comparison, as i know klfs can go way up n above the rest

also i may tell u i heard ur amp a year ago at a friends place who had been playing focal jm labs

the guy owning that system said he dropped klipsch for these focalsas klipsch are harsh n on to you, rather than pleasingly laid back

he also had PSB 6Ts,wch he also had put aside from a month ,since the focals had arrived

and beaten em in bass n overall

i am a huge klipsch fan though n bought these rf3s no matter wot others had been telling

my quad amp is decent for music n even deeper in bass but u see its just 40 watts n i hit

quite loud with it

brief but well said

but i think u have a taste for shrill or brightness,as yammies n klipsch i think make a very bright combination. and i personally declined a dsp yamaha mated with the klipsch rf -82s at a dealer near me.the denon worked better

but still the lows werent there until we switched on the sub

personally i donot like subs (esp for musics)but they do impress us everytime

why dont u ever try some other amps in ur range n discuss with me ur findings plz