I want Klipsch!

moquito

Hi everybody! Let me introduce myself (and my needs):

i'm new in the forum (just registered now). I own a integrated ampli NAD C370 and CDP NAD 541i. I'm looking for a pair of Klipsch floorstanding loudspeakers beacuse I heard RF3-II and I fell in love with them.

I was looking for used pair but in Italy is not so easy and not so cheap as in USA. In EBay auctions I found different series than refences but I don't know this models. now I need your help.

I own all music syles from rock to jazz from acoustic to classical. My living is (aprox)8x5m (25'x15') but distance between speakers must be 3 meters (9') and speakers must be around 3m from sofa.

My budget is around 700 USD (incl.shipping cost).

I found F-3 synergy series with 2x8" woofer and front firing bass reflex, RF-35, RF-25, RF-15 (all RF models found new but RF-35 price is over my budget), Heresy II and Tangent 500. I know only RF3 and I CAN'T test other speakers above. I will use speakers ONLY for 2ch audio and I'm not interesting to HT. I would like to avoid a SW so I prefer speakers with enough bass...

Waht can you suggest me? Are F-3 close to RF-3 for "real Klipsch sound" or are only an "HT project"?

Thanks in advance for your kind help and best regards.

Federico

Italy

Hello and welcome to the Forum. I personally have the RB3 and RB5 which are bookshelf type speakers and slightly older models. I heard the F3 at the Klipsch Pilgrimage a couple weeks ago. There are major differences in the sounds of these two speakers in my opinion. The F towers had a 'softer' bass sound, not the immediate transient attack of the R series. I think that the Reference series is heads above the other speakers.

Perhaps some of our other Euro brothers can aid you in locating a dealer nearby.

Michael

...As I imagined!!! Their "plastic feeling" gave me the sense of a weak speaker compared to reference series.

But RF3 (or RF35) with rear bass reflex port, can be positioned near the wall (1-2 feet) or must stand 6 feet from any obstacle?

because my wife is showing her disgust for a speaker big as a coffin and if I've to tell her that I'll buy 2 coffin to put in the middle of our living room I think she will be not so happy about it!2.gif

Did you listen smallest model as RF25 or RF15?

thanks again for your support.

byez

Thanks a lot for your wellcome!!!

Suggestions for cheap and good dealers of klipsch used (or new) speakers are wellcome too!

In Italy Klipsch loudspeakers costs around 100% over than USA and I found it only in few dealers.....E-Bay auctions are coming from USA but before to buy a speaker W/O listening I need all your experience and help....

thanks again and all the best.

Federico

I was ready to buy a pair of Synergy F-3 speakers but decided to purchase a pair of RB-35's with the goal of picking up a pair of RF-35's down the road . . . I agree that are differences in the sounds of Synergy and Referance speakers. To me, the Synergy F-3 towers would suit the needs of many folks just fine. In fact, I would rather own a pair of F-3's then a pair of RF-25's

I have seen a few pair of Nice Klipsch Forte' sell on ebay for $500-$600 USD . . . I think they would make for some great 2 ch enjoyment

I would save a little, and go for the Heresey II, or a Heritage type. You will not be happy for long with a mid-price Reference series. I started with the RF-10 and a year later was buying

RF-7's. Ther heritage line is the way to go. I have Klipschorns for sale in Italy. Perfect condition, one owner. Know anyone interested? Shameless plug, I know... Good luck.

Hi. I've not found Heresies in Italian auctions but there are two or three pairs on US E-Bay auctions.

The problem is the shipping cost because speakers are heavy and no sellers want to ship them in Italy.....

I'd never listed Heresy II but I trust in you and if Heresy play better than reference series, it must play VERY good. I hope the sound is crispy and "true" as a live performance, as for voices as for instrumental tracks, bass deep but not "booming" and trebles sharp but not weestling (I don't know if I can explain with my bad english what I mean!).

The only problem it's that Heresy II can't accept biwiring....but it isn't a big problem.

The real proble will be to find a pair of good Heresy II....good luck to me! 1.gif

Thanks a lot and regards.

Federico

Klipschorn? Fantastic but many people told me that is postioning is very critical for that speakers and a in "normal" living is hard work to set Klipschorn in the right position for a perfect image......Thanks to your and Julieheartklipsh suggestions I think I'll looking for Heresy II (with right 15° basament if it's possible) and I hope they plays as or better than RF-3 mkII or RF-35 with the same "klipsch live deep impact". I will spare money but overall that speakers will save my marriage because my wife is really worry about two towers big as RF series.

Thanks to you too for the kind support and all the best.

Federico

GOPHER & JulieHeartKlipsch, Heritage vs. Reference is all pretty subjective. One is not better than the other, different is more the word. I've known many people who felt mislead by persons insinuating the Heritage line is superior, only for the person to be let down that the Heritage wasn't an upgrade to the Reference they were using, rather different. Some like this different, some do not. This is why it's very important for each to listen and decide what YOU like, not what someone else says of what the likes.

I own 4 RF-7 speakers, what did I use before that! Klipschorn's. What do I like better,

the Klipsch RF-7! The RF-7 gives a very Hi-End quality sound that is fully balanced when teamed with hi-end seps, that the Klipschorn's can't do. Now, as you know, not all here would agree with me for their use of Klipschorn's, so you see, VERY SUBJECTIVE!!! Not good to push one's own likes, rather get out and have a listen to a well setup Reference speaker, and a listen to the Heritage, then decide for yourself. I'm sure you could find someone in your area to let you have a listen that would be a better chance of being setup better than most dealers put care into proper setup.

"listen to a well setup Reference speaker, and a listen to the Heritage, then decide for yourself"

That's the real problem! In my area I can't find Heresy or other Klipsch speakers to test than reference series. I've listen RF-3 mkII and I was more than surprised by the sound before to see what kind of speakers was playing.

I like very much the "live" atmosophere. I own now JM-lab Focal Chorus 714s cosidered very good speakers for quality/price ratio, but....... BUT.... are too smooth, too "natural", too flat. No emotions, nothing more than music from a speaker (I really sorry if I can't explain in english what I mean but I'm sure you're understanding...) and my ampli is not what you can call lazy or smooth (NAD C370).

I don't want to sell the JM Lab but since I've listen RF-3 I was looking for something that could play the same emotions, as high as low volume. On the italian web i find only RF15, RF25 and RF35 new at 500, 850 and 1039 euros but I've never listened and I can't know differences between that speakers. I've never listend Heresy, Klipschorn or any Klipsch speaker and than I asked in a Klipsch forum in order to know what Klipsch owners can say about it. I know that speakers are a subjective choice but if you understand what I'm looking for in a speaker after good impact from a RF-3 I suppose you can suggest me if an Heresy II could give the same sound or if would be better shift my attention to reference series as RF35 or RF25 (RF7 is a "must" but for budget and room's space I really can't consider it).

Anyway, I'm still looking in the real world for listening and test a loud speaker before buy it, but in the same time if I find a real special offer in EBay auction I would be ready to take it without risk to get loudspeakers at home worse than I already own.

Thanks a lot for your kind and wise suggestion, sorry for the too long message and all the best.

Federico

Your English is fine.

Since you want emotion in your music, I'd recommend the Heresies also. Even after shipping, a used pair should still be possible. As you say, the difficulty is in getting someone willing to go to all the trouble to ship to Italy. That would be a very time-consuming process. You could offer extra money for the extra work involved.

search for local forte, chorus, quartet, kg, some may say older heresy need sub woofer. hersy 1 down to 50hz. II, down to 63hz. as opposed to forteII 32hz, no real need for subwoofer there.

heresy very nice though, but require sub woofer imo.

buy older save money for shipping.

Thanks to all. Maybe it's really difficoult ship loudspeakers height 1 meter and over 100 lbs. from USA to Italy. Shipping cost will be hiher than speakers. Also difficoult will be find HeresyII or ForteII used in Italy as find RF-3mkII. At last maybe I'll buy a pair of new RF-25 or RF-35 from a local dealer for around 1000,00 euros.15.gif

Thanks a lot and goodnight (here it's 0.40 AM!)

----------------

On 7/11/2005 5:35:47 PM moquito wrote:

Thanks to all. Maybe it's really difficoult ship loudspeakers height 1 meter and over 100 lbs. from USA to Italy. Shipping cost will be hiher than speakers. Also difficoult will be find HeresyII or ForteII used in Italy as find RF-3mkII. At last maybe I'll buy a pair of new RF-25 or RF-35 from a local dealer for around 1000,00 euros.
15.gif

----------------

is that a typo or do they measure time differently in Italy.

----------------

On 7/11/2005 5:45:28 PM travisc wrote:

----------------

On 7/11/2005 5:35:47 PM moquito wrote:

Thanks to all. Maybe it's really difficoult ship loudspeakers height 1 meter and over 100 lbs. from USA to Italy. Shipping cost will be hiher than speakers. Also difficoult will be find HeresyII or ForteII used in Italy as find RF-3mkII. At last maybe I'll buy a pair of new RF-25 or RF-35 from a local dealer for around 1000,00 euros.
15.gif

----------------

is that a typo or do they measure time differently in Italy.

----------------

? Dunno, when I look down right on my monitor it says 0:58. Is that strange? The AM ofcourse is just a reminder we don't mean 12.40! 10.gif

Goodnight!