carver silver 7t

priapus

I'll speak up here in defense to Carver amps. I have a TFM-42 which to me is a great amp. Great sound all around and mates well with my Chorus II's and my Blueberry Xtreme Preamp.

Compared to my Dynaco Mark III's (which are tube amps for those who don't know) the Carver is right there, it is difficult to tell the diffrences. The Carver does have a warmer sound to it.

My Girlfriends brother has the Sunfire 600 signature II amp (designed by Bob Carver, latest edition) which is even better. Unfortunately I don't have 3K to sink into a new Sunfire Amp.

To each his own. Buy what sounds good to you. However, I will put my Carver TFM-25s up against any other solid state amp. Bring yours over and we will compare. I have used them with KG4, Forte II (many, many years), Chorus and currently Khorns. They are clear, crisp but still manage to have a warm quality. Lots of power with headroom to spare. Detailed at low volume and ear splitting loud if you want it that way.

There are just so many variables, one of the biggest being the room, that it is hard to make a generalization like Carver product "xyz" is great or Carver "abc" is bad. Even worse is the generalization that all of brand X is good or bad.

Priapus, if they are in driving distance see if you can take your speakers and hook them up to do a test drive. Take along the type of music you like and go from there. Good Luck.

O, thanks for the wake up call...I don't know what I was thinking. Let me rephrase. My Carver stuff is the end-all-be-all. There is nothing better out there. The rest of you must bow in my sonic temple of greatness. 9.gif9.gif11.gif

What is with this place lately? Seems more like the Jerry Springer show then the helpful place that got all my HT needs worked out and found me the khorns (Thanks Frzn). Guess it must be the heat. Another 100 + day near the nations capitol how is it out there in sunny Cali?

Dear poster:

In your profile, please specify your system: amps, subs, room size, most tastes, preferred volume level, etc. This will give thoughtful posters more of the right information they need to make insightful suggestions.

Thanks.

10.gif

----------------

On 8/4/2005 12:37:26 PM Colin wrote:

In your profile, please specify your system: amps, subs, room size, most tastes, preferred volume level, etc. This will give thoughtful posters more of the right information they need to make insightful suggestions.

----------------

Nicely put Colin, I looked before my fist post to see if I could get a feel for what he had and while it did not really provide any info I did get a good laugh...so that was worth something.

my collection:

crap, powered by garbage, taking signals from something better used as a paperweight

Rich, about the same, high 102 today . . . but at least it's a dry heat! (Insert rim shot here.)

It does seem like someone's cranky all the time now, doesn't it? Between the northerners getting cabin fever in the winter and the southerners getting heat stroke in the summer, there might be a couple of two week windows in which sanity prevails.

Factor in the ones that are cranky all the time and the ones that are just plain loony, and then again, there might not be.