Work on New & Improved HT has begun

SCOOTERDOG

Well this last weekend I started on my new HT room. In the first pic you can see where I removed my old workstation and office. This opens up a corner 7' each side. I plan on moving my screen to this wall and shifting everything else. The screen won't move yet because I have more construction to do. I still need to add a new 26' long wall and entry way plus the stage in the front. I will also be adding in an area in the wall to house all of my equip. But at least I have the office area moved (see following pics). No more lazy weekends for me for the next 2 months15.gif

post-8797-1381926887433_thumb.jpg

Hmmmmm, just curious about your speaker layout...is that 8.1 with 4 side rears and a single rear center? I'll post the quote later, but some dude was talking about the reasons behind 7.1 and why you can't have a rear center. It might be something to think about before you get too much into the project.

Btw, it looks real nice and I love the curtain approach. What is that semi circle with the 4 red dots just outside the door to your theatre (looking at the floorplan)? And what are the overall dimensions?

The circles outside the room are the stools and bar area.

I have been running 2 pair of side surrounds and a rear center for quite some time now and really like it. I run the "A" surrounds vertical and the "B" surrounds horizontal. This provides for excellent surround all the way back.

The overall dims on the HT room is 28'x22'. The stage will be on the 22' wide wall. The whole downstairs is about 60'x 28' which consist of the HT, 2 bedrooms which one is an office/guestroom, bathroom and my maintanence room.

Man I have had that for probably 20 years. I also have a special edition Joe Montana retirement book. When they retired his number I was at the game and everyone got one that night. I keep it on my table. The back page has him sitting on a chair with his back to you. His arms are crossed above his head with his hands clasped together and you see his 4 superbowl rings on 4 fingers on his right hand...awesome shot.

scooter

scooterdog put his hammer down just long enough to say:

"No more lazy weekends for me for the next 2 months"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........2 months. scooter, scooter, scooter.....don't you know by now how these projects seem to take on a life of their own? My 1 year HT project is going on 2 years now mostly 'cause I can't leave the hell well enough alone!

Seriously though, I like the concept and look forward to seeing the project as it progresses. Thanks for sharing!!1.gif

Tom

Tom your to funny! Yeah I know I will be messing with things for quite some time. However, my hope is to get the wall, entry way and stage built over the course of 2 months. After that there will be lighting, risers for seats new ht furniture, o man you are right it could take me a year to complete everything15.gif

scotter

scooter dude....I am so with you. When we decided to go forward and replace my RPTV with a projector, the project was simple:

-Block off existing window.

-Install existing equipment in rack and wire up.

-Buy projector screen & install.

-Buy projector & install.

-Sit back and enjoy.

But then I failed to do what I'm paid to do every freakin' day as a project manager - i.e. keep the project in scope and in budget.

First I talked myself into a new 7 channel amp 'cause it was "a good deal". Of course, the new amp was useless with my Denon 3300. "Oh wait honey, Mark said he'd make me a killer deal on a B&K Ref.50". Cha-ching...there goes the money for the projector and screen. Then I wake up in the middle of the night with a revelation on how to make the room more esthetically pleasing - TRIM WORK AND A STAGE! And certainly I can't have all those Heresy surrounds not look the same - why I'll just refinish all of them black. Now what kinda Klipsch owner would I be putting those crossovers back in those old Heresys knowing full well their caps were probably bad? Hello? Yes, I'd like to place an order for some 2.0uF caps. The crossover in my Heresy II is yuckie - I'll build a new one!! Hmmmmm....the finish on my '76 Corns sure could use a good update. Rope lights! YES!! Rope lights! That's the ticket. Oh wait....the second row seating needs to be on a riser. I wonder....you know, I think a small refrigerator would be a good idea. Guess I need to build a cabinet for that.

Ho boy..........15.gif

Tom

----------------

On 7/29/2005 1:27:24 PM Tom Adams wrote:

scooter dude....I am so with you. When we decided to go forward and replace my RPTV with a projector, the project was simple...

----------------

That was too simple and not in keeping with your "Confusion, chaos, disorder.... My work here is done." signature... 2.gif

Scooter, i hope you have a temp HT setup while you do the work so you can keep enjoying the movies... 1.gif

Rob

Ok here is a pic of the theater, I used a new design program called sketchup. In order to post it I had to do a print screen, paste into word, copy from word, paste into paint, then save as a jpeg. What a pain in the butt. Because of this the pic is not the best but it will show you the plan.

scooter

If you like to design get this freebee software at

www.sketchup.com

post-8797-1381926888192_thumb.jpg