Queensryche

BobbyT

They did Operation Mindcrime start to finish at the House of Blues here a few months ago. I wasn't able to go, but a close friend told me it was incredible. I have been a fan since seeing them open up for Quiet Riot(I know, I know) in '84. They blew the Riot off stage.

I caught Queensryche a few months ago, they opened for Judas Priest. (I posted pics of that show in another post entitled Judas Priest) They didn't perform the mindcrime set then, probably due to time constraints. They mainly played their older material, probably to fit in better with the Priest fans? If they are on their own now, maybe you will get lucky & see them to the Mindcrime set... I caught the Mindcrime show (back in the mid 90's I think it was?) It was awesome then & I am sure it would be now also. It's a bummer Chris DeGarmo isnt with the band anymore, but they still sound excellent. I took some pics from the show, but we wandered a little during their set, so I didn't get any close ups.

Qryche.jpg

Qryche2.jpg

Also, here's some info on their next project "Mindcrime II"

QUEENSRCHE SIGNS WITH RHINO

LABEL TO ISSUE EAGERLY AWAITED SEQUEL TO OPERATION: MINDCRIME

LOS ANGELESRhino Entertainment is proud to announce the signing of progressive metal band Queensrÿche. The band is working on OPERATION: MINDCRIME IIthe sequel to their platinum 1988 concept album, Operation: mindcrime, for release on Rhino early in 2006.

The announcement was made by Rhino Entertainment President Scott Pascucci. We are excited to be working with an artistically ambitious and commercially successful band like Queensrÿche, says Pascucci. The original Operation: Mindcrime still resonates today and we are looking forward to releasing its sequel.

This partnership is a great fit for everyone, says Queensrÿche vocalist, Geoff Tate. Rhino has an amazing team and we are confident they will do a superb job with OPERATION: MINDCRIME II.

Tate, guitarists Michael Wilton and Mike Stone, bassist Eddie Jackson, and drummer Scott Rockenfield whet the publics appetite for OPERATION: MINDCRIME II earlier this year. During the quintets sold-out tour, Queensrÿche performed Operation: Mindcrime in its entirety for the first time in 15 years. The band just got off the road with Judas Priest and will be hitting road again this September/Octoberfor a full itinerary visit www.queenryche.com. Rhinos Senior Director of Marketing, Kenny Nemes, who brought the project to Rhino and has a longstanding relationship with the band, will oversee OPERATION: MINDCRIME II.

Since its formation in 1981 near Seattle, Queensrÿche has released eight studio albums and have sold more than 10 million records worldwide. Empire, the 1990 follow-up to Operation: Mindcrime, sold more than three million copies thanks in part to the enormous success of the songs Silent Lucidity and Jet City Woman. Released in 1994, Promised Land was certified platinum and featured the hits I Am I and Bridge. In a recent USA Today readers poll, Queensrÿche was ranked eighth on the list of "Greatest American Rock Bands Of All Time.

Well guys, I have some good news about Queensryche and I.

I have just got the book deal to do Scott Rockenfield "History of Drumming' drumset music-transcription book.

The book will be out by the Winter NAMM show in L.A.

----------------

On 8/1/2005 2:35:28 PM Born2RockU wrote:

I have just got the book deal to do Scott Rockenfield "History of Drumming' drumset music-transcription book.

----------------

Congrats on the book deal! Are you going to NAM. I'd like to go, but don't have any connections to get access. I could trade access for say CES in Vegas or something if you can swing it?

----------------

On 8/1/2005 2:35:28 PM Born2RockU wrote:

----------------

Wow...very cool! Scott Rockenfield is an excellent drummer! He always had some sweet lookin kits.

Big Ears :

You are correct about having to have connections to get into the prestigious NAMM shows.

Security is definitely tight . For me doing this book, I will be guaranteed access.

Extra passes are usually out of the questions, since this is a serious convention for Music Merchandisers

to converse and talk business.

I would hate to say yes to you unless I was guaranteed an extra pass...but trading

one for a Las Vegas CES pass would be worth it for me.

Joe Shmoe :

My editor and I are definitely going to include pictures of all his

elaborate drumsets from all those years he has toured.

Don't miss them on their 2006 Operation Mindcrime II world tour.

This will be a major breakthru for Queensryche.

I have already had the chance to hear a few songs off this NEW cd release,

since I am transcribing one of those new songs for this books release.

~ R o c k O n ~

----------------

On 8/2/2005 7:50:57 AM Born2RockU wrote:

Big Ears :

You are correct about having to have connections to get into the prestigious NAMM shows.

Security is definitely tight . For me doing this book, I will be guaranteed access.

Extra passes are usually out of the questions, since this is a serious convention for Music Merchandisers

to converse and talk business.

I would hate to say yes to you unless I was guaranteed an extra pass...but trading

one for a Las Vegas CES pass would be worth it for me.

I have always wanted to go to NAMM. I play Ibanez guitars and they usually have some USA made(very rare) models and prototypes they sell at the NAMM shows every year. Those guitars are usually snatched up by store owners or musicians and then disappear forever. That is my real interest in going, I'm not really into mingling with the stars.