projector deal$$

billyjoe72

This is a little older PJ and it only has an 800:1 contrast ratio, it is a max resoultion of 964 x 544 so take that into condideration, any higher resoultion will be scaled down to that. I would (and did) look for a 720p myself and that is what I bought. What is the bulb life and how many hours are on the PJ? New bulbs run about $350+ so count that in also.

I believe that is an older version of the projector I own. I have the 700 and demoed the 500 just prior to the 700's release. Both the 500 and the 700 are great in my opion. Not having seen the 300 I really can't comment, but think if the bulb life is on the low end that for 500 bucks (or less) and if it is local to you it is a decent deal...not a steal, but decent. The 700's MSRP was around 3K when if first came out and I paid either 2,100 or 2,400 from a dealer.

Do you have a screen yet? If not check out Carada before you make a decision.

Good Luck...Once you have a projector I don't think you will go back.

Hey Bill,

on Videogon.com I am selling my BenQ pb6100. It is a DLP unit with about 10 hours on my new bulb. I am asking $675.00. It has a 2000:1 contrast ratio and puts out a great picture. I am currently shooting a 90" diagonal on my front screen. Sweet! You might go to Projectorcentral.com and read the review on it and on many others as well. There is alot of great info and reviews regarding projectors on that site.

Here's a good deal on a projector. It's listed in Yahoo classifieds, so I would suggest using an escrow service, or maybe someone here would help you with it. I'm sure there's someone on the forum from the Portland area.

INFOCUS ScreenPlay 4805 Projector. All cables, remote control included. Retails at 1099.00 never used. $500. Call 503-620-1814 ask for James. Portland, Oregon.

Here's a link to the actual ad: SP4805

Good luck, Rick.