robster

----------------

On 8/12/2005 9:58:44 AM robster wrote:

Lowered to $725 plus shipping.

to view lots of pictures.

Cheers,

Robert
----------------

Wow ......... Slow down Robert. Geezz a 233 in similar cosmetic condition bone stock without wood case or warranty sold yesterday on eBay for $510 with the famous works but As Is. Patience and the right buyer will come along.

Craig

----------------

On 8/12/2005 11:53:43 AM robster wrote:

If you go to www.hhscott.com under products it is stated that the 233 is identical to the later 299-C except for the face plate.

Cheers,

Robert
----------------

Actually the Scott website is not always accurate. The 233 is more of a cousin to the 299D with less power. Very nice sounding amps because they got rid of some of the useless gadgets from the 299D.

Craig

Just my opinion but 299B to the 233 the 233 is a litte more mellow and the 299B runs a little hot. Both great int. amps. I would love to hear a Craig redone 233.

Anyway, unless you get into seperates I think they are probably your best bet for the money.

They also hold thier value pretty well in case you want to re-sell.

I like the blue indicator light! The wood case is beautiful. Someone will buy it from you and both you and them will be lucky.

On the mention of caseless/coverless amps...

Don't underestimate what a good cabinet maker can do for a peice of equipment that looks junky but works fine.

I tried to repaint the plastic case on my ancient Yamaha receiver and really screwed it up. I took the case off and brought it to a cabinet maker - asked him to build a new case keeping the same internal dimentions, holes and spaces. $80 later what I got back fit perfectly, but the case sides were 3/4 inch thick solid wood. I oiled it and it looked great. I gave it to my sister many years ago.

VRD's are a comming,got to clean house. I should never have advertised on EBAY,some of the buyers are just too creepy. One guy keeps asking me a ga-zillion questions,some questions were really creeping me out. Both my Fisher and Scott sold on Audiogon. I have bought off EBay and Audiogon,almost zero problems. But Ebay tends to be one big yard sale. But hey I go to yard sales too.

Live and learn,die and forget it all!

No matter where you are,your always there..

Cheers,

Robert