RF-7's made in ... China?

Nicu

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 8/5/2005 5:03:28 PM wstrickland1 wrote:

How does she know your thingey is solid wood, Willy?

----------------

That's a way to make her feel comfortable around here!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

===========================================================================

The speakers are manufactured in Hope from drivers manufactured in Mexico.

===========================================================================

Really, who manufactures the drivers in Mexico?? Both Cone and Horn??

First I've heard of this, tried to do a search but nothing comes up on it.

Curious who the manufacturer would be??

The China vs USA debate shows up on just about every electronics bulliten board. The Oriental people including both the Japanese and Chinese are really good at doing the same repetative task over and over. By the third day on the job a Chinese worker can produce a product that is world class. American workers on the other hand, besides being higher priced, don't have the same work ethic or pride in their product.

As for the politics of pumping American dollars into a Communist country, I wouldn't fear thqat it would make them too strong. I think the Chinese government sees much wisdom in the old saying: "don't bite the hand that feeds you.

----------------

On 8/6/2005 3:52:19 PM JewishAMerPrince wrote:

The China vs USA debate shows up on just about every electronics bulliten board. The Oriental people including both the Japanese and Chinese are really good at doing the same repetative task over and over. By the third day on the job a Chinese worker can produce a product that is world class. American workers on the other hand, besides being higher priced, don't have the same work ethic or pride in their product.

As for the politics of pumping American dollars into a Communist country, I wouldn't fear thqat it would make them too strong. I think the Chinese government sees much wisdom in the old saying: "don't bite the hand that feeds you.

----------------

Wise words.

Also, saying China is a 'communist' nation really doesn't mean much anymore. I see it more as a government who still has total control over the people, but allows free trade (gets looser and looser each day). It is just a matter of time before China discovers special interest groups, lobbiests, and all the makings of a commerece-driven government 11.gif

I would rather have goods made in Japan or Korea (or Malaysia, the Phillipines, etc.) than China, but not much I can do.

----------------

On 8/5/2005 10:47:17 AM Ou8thisSN wrote:

ironically, i discovered Klipsch through the Klipsch promedia 5.1 system I have had, that was made in china. it broke twice, and now is a doorstop. chinese people should stick to food, they arent good at making electronics that last. Koreans, okay, Thaiwanese, okay, probably even rival Japanese manufacturing standards. I know my RF7/RC7s say "made in Hope Arkansas and signed by B W". from now on i'll pay extra for japenese, or american made stuff, no more mexican/chinese electronics for me...

----------------

ignorance is bliss???

The fact that most americans think the chinese food store is real chinese food still makes me laugh. Americanized Chinese food was made to make money. Real Chinese food does not have all that much fat or salt etc. I dare you to go into a chinese family and ask if they have any kung pow chicken and not be shown the door 4.gif .

know what's going on. The Wall street insiders (professionals) have been causing this rally because they were banking on China's devaluation. This is what Washington wanted, but it's not why the Chinese adopted a floating currency. Think about this.

For the past 50 years , China has been building its export industries. It was largely an aggrerian society and low on currency. They have amassed a huge amount of foreign money over this time and now are seeking to spend it. They have taken in Trillions of US Dollars, albeit at a low exchange rate, but it gave them the ability to convert their economy into an industrial one. Now they need to buy companies to satisfy their insatiable appetite for products. This means they will be on a buying binge and they will be spending their money, which we gave to them, by purchasing Chinese made products.

The Yuan has been pegged at 8.277 for a decade, but now they want to buy foreign companies. They currently need to spend 8.277 Yuan for every dollar. But if the Yuan drops to 7.000 then they only need to spend 7 for every one dollar. So while it is true that exports to the USA will cost more, the benefit to USA, is that it will help American Companies compete against Chinese companies. However, this isn't a concern for the Chinese. They can now go it alone as they rapidly developed various industries. They no longer need America, and as evidence, they are now willing to change the exchange rate.

Their only concern is that their citizenry have enough resources and jobs. So they will need to buy other companies to supplement their needs. And if the Yuan drops to 7.000 or 6.000 then they will be spending less to buy the same company. For example, if the Chinese would pay $10 Billion USD for a company @ 8.277 Yuan, their cost is $82.77 Billion Yuan. If the exchange rate changes to 7.000 then the cost of that company purchased to the Chinese is $70 Billion, which saves them $12.77 Billion Yuan. So you see, they are only interested in changing the value of their currency so they can essentially buy American Companies at a discount.

They already took our money, which we gladly gave them ( thanks to Wal-Mart), only to use it against us in the upcoming years. BTW, European companies aren't safe either. And if that weren't enough, think about this. Using the same logic, they will now be paying less for Crude Oil. How's that? Well, as they drop their exchange rate, they will also be paying less for Crude Oil. So while their oil consumption is rising, they have found a way to reduce their energy costs by using exchange rates.

So watch Senators claim a victory in the upcoming days and weeks, but know that the Chinese are laughing at us as they use our money against us. In the game of Chess, this could be considered "Check" (your on the "ropes" but you have a slim chance of victory) - President Bush it's your move.

However, it seems that Wall Street is taking the initiative for the next move. If you believe China's revaluation is at the root of this rally, then the theory behind these rising prices is to mitigate any discounts (currency arbitrage) that the Chinese may exploit when buying US companies. These higher prices are in effect trying to recapture the money we gave them by purchasing their exports.

Higher prices for US companies means that the Chinese lose their engineered currency discounts and the wealth is transferred back to the US. The only problem is that the flow of money, once again, is from the little people to the rich.

Here's how it flows. The average person who buys the chinese imports pays for the goods in the US Dollars. The company responsible for the Chinese made products, orders more, which sends those Dollars to China. China uses those Dollars to expand its manufacturing facilities, and moves it toward an industrial society. They now grow sufficiently large and create demand in China for the products once only affordable to Americans. They now need to buy US companies as they need more capacity and resources as they need to expand quickly. They buy the US company, which returns those Dollars that the American consumer spent on Chinese made goods back to the US. These returning Dollars go into the hands of Wall Street Brokerage houses and to the US company. Yes, stockholders do get their share, but in reality, the Executive Board gets most of it. As for the Wall Street firms underwriting the transaction, well as always, their fee is in the Millions of Dollars for shuffling paper. So the "big boys" once again end up with the little guys money, and they get a larger peice of the pie because the price of the stock is inflated to compensate for the currency induced discount.

Now if some of this money were directed to our national debt than the little guys partipation in this scenario wouldn't be in vain. But for now, this cynical view of events is playing out because a few people have found a way to exploit the current laws and financial climate. Americans are losing jobs over outsourcing and as we all spend our money on goods produced outside the USA these Dollars are finding there way back into the hands of the those that don't need more money.

Wait, do you hear it? That sucking sound. It's the sound of money being sucked out of America's wallet. First, they gave us cheaper products, then they took away our jobs, and now their grabbing our wealth. The rich always want more and they have just found another way to get it.

---------------------------------------

MrMcGoo posted:

Personally, I try to avoid goods manufactured in the Peoples' Republic of China. On the other hand, Taiwanese goods are fine in my view.

Well said! I actually consider it a buying Taiwanese a Bonus when a product I want is only availible from one or the other.

-------------------------------------

JewishAMerPrince posted:

WOW! While I agree that we Americans can be greedy, lazy, slackers that hate repeatitive boring jobs, is it just me or did that first part sounded a bit racist?

As for expecting that the Chicoms have no interest in biting the hand that feeds them . . . well, we seem to be at odds already over resources... everything from Crude Oil to Rubber ... Steel to Cement

As the Chicom's economy continues to boom, I think a big confrontation over these resources (read crude oil) is inevitable... the question is, how will it be handled? financially, politically, militarially?

----------------

On 8/7/2005 4:14:33 PM Ou8thisSN wrote:

good job writing all that...

i'd rather have all the money in the hands of rich americans than rich chinese, becuase I aim to be one of the rich americans soon.
----------------

Congadulations on your soon to be wealth . Just remember when you are out wining and dining to tip accordingly . I've been in the biz. for 22 years now and alot of times when you see that Black American Express Card come out it's the kiss of death . " Not all the time though thankfully , theres allways exceptions " . Put it this way ; Sat. night a girl I was working next to had a presumably wealthy couple in her station . They started with cocktails and then ordered a bottle of 97 Penfolds Grange Hermitage $270.00 . In the end they tipped her $10.00 . Which was 15% of their food bill , " before tax " . Well to make a long story short she is required to claim 15% of her sales to the government , at least in our establishment . She also has to tip 3.6% of her sales to the support staff . Hmm , Bill $337.00 , tip $10.00 , amount she is required to tip out on bill more than $12.00 . Luckily we work in an establishment that takes care of their employees and they made it up to her , most places don't ! Just try to keep this in mind when your rolling in the dough , or please don't sit in my station !!! Oh Yeah The Couple Where Americans .

7.gif

Prince---American workers don't work hard enough or have enough pride eh? Except for you of course, you give it your all, it's the rest of us that are the jerks.

I'd like to get you up on the iron, you prissy little popinjay. I'd like to see if you can hold your mud. I'd like to see if you can do anything harder than run your jibs. I'd like to see you hang iron or lay bricks or put doors on Buicks all day. No doubt you'd collapse, you strutting, pompous lickspittle.

----------------

On 8/8/2005 3:28:13 PM KlipsDude wrote:

Wise ole Chinese once say:

Take American Slave work and do what American too good for,

and soon we buy and own American and be BIG giant.

All while making big giant, little giant.

----------------

He also say:

"He who lose key get no new-key"

----------------

On 8/8/2005 4:55:15 PM sunburnwilly wrote:

----------------

On 8/7/2005 4:14:33 PM Ou8thisSN wrote:

good job writing all that...

i'd rather have all the money in the hands of rich americans than rich chinese, becuase I aim to be one of the rich americans soon.
----------------

Congadulations on your soon to be wealth . Just remember when you are out wining and dining to tip accordingly . I've been in the biz. for 22 years now and alot of times when you see that Black American Express Card come out it's the kiss of death . " Not all the time though thankfully , theres allways exceptions " . Put it this way ; Sat. night a girl I was working next to had a presumably wealthy couple in her station . They started with cocktails and then ordered a bottle of 97 Penfolds Grange Hermitage $270.00 . In the end they tipped her $10.00 . Which was 15% of their food bill , " before tax " . Well to make a long story short she is required to claim 15% of her sales to the government , at least in our establishment . She also has to tip 3.6% of her sales to the support staff . Hmm , Bill $337.00 , tip $10.00 , amount she is required to tip out on bill more than $12.00 . Luckily we work in an establishment that takes care of their employees and they made it up to her , most places don't ! Just try to keep this in mind when your rolling in the dough , or please don't sit in my station !!! Oh Yeah The Couple Where Americans .
7.gif

----------------

Where ya work, WIlly, we good tippers.

Chinese products should be BOYCOTTED for any number of reasons, the first of which is that international trade does NOT equal "safety"; i.e., the sooner China develops a middle class, the sooner you get to move into a mud hut.

There are ONLY a certain amount of natural resources available, and up till now, the "West" has had it ALL for ourselves (more or less). Just WAIT until you've got to share it with BILLIONS of others!

Best intentions aside, it will be impossible to compete with the numbers, the scales involved. You won't be able to compete. You already can't, and its JUST STARTED!

Get real! China won't need international trade when that time comes, China will BE the market all by itself, and we will be a third world country, who do you think the Arabs are going to sell all the oil to, us or China? THINK!

DM

----------------

On 8/8/2005 3:28:13 PM KlipsDude wrote:

Wise ole Chinese once say:

Take American Slave work and do what American too good for,

and soon we buy and own American and be BIG giant.

All while making big giant, little giant.

----------------

Exactly,the USA continues to give away jobs they will have salesman and burger joints.The fat businessmen only see the end of thier giant noses and fat pockets.Very limited thinking that sinks a country down the drain.

----------------

On 8/8/2005 7:34:45 PM D-MAN wrote:

Chinese products should be BOYCOTTED for any number of reasons, the first of which is that international trade does NOT equal "safety"; i.e., the sooner China develops a middle class, the sooner you get to move into a mud hut.

There are ONLY a certain amount of natural resources available, and up till now, the "West" has had it ALL for ourselves (more or less). Just WAIT until you've got to share it with BILLIONS of others!

Best intentions aside, it will be impossible to compete with the numbers, the scales involved. You won't be able to compete. You already can't, and its JUST STARTED!

Get real! China won't need international trade when that time comes, China will BE the market all by itself, and we will be a third world country, who do you think the Arabs are going to sell all the oil to, us or China? THINK!

DM

----------------

Bravo and well posted

1.gif1.gif

It is very unfortunate north America is losing so many jobs just because some shrewd,business man creeps only see thier little fat bank accounts.And do not se the economic devastation of a country they use.7.gif

Any business man who takes jobs out of America should have his product TAXED,TAXED and TAXED so highly he would spit his inards.And no loans or money of ANY kind should be given to promote north American destruction to profit a few thugs in nice suits who deplete manual labour here.

A good example is Germany,they do not let outsiders invade thier car market(well they make the finest cars anyway 3.gif ).Same in Japan they protect their market.

Let the overpopulated countries create work on their own.Too much has the west given,given like a nice FREE gift.let them show how smart they are.

----------------

On 8/6/2005 3:52:19 PM JewishAMerPrince wrote:

----------------

Great, you sound like one of the business men who contributes to China's growth.Congratulations Mao would thank you.

So by your saying American workers are not what?Not qualified,lazy,do a poor job,are UNWORTHY? Well well I pity these people. Let me tell YOU someting,where I work I assemble/configure servers...large computers...servers to over 45K worth each. I build each one with PRIDE,and each one is damn well built.Each one is wired like none of the made ones from assembled in China or Taiwan.

Day in day out for seven years now I do my job and each day the job is done well.I am working with people from the far east and I build the top units and these are the best built too.So do not tell me about lack of pride of a work done half way.

Not my fault some less competent beer people with no pride worked for you and made you feel the way you do.

When China reaches its peak they will no longer have much fear for little USA.As the big American millitary needs BIG money to roll well lubricated.The bad economy will catch up,crime rate climb(the less people have jobs in America the more CRIME you will have,just the obvious).

One day China WILL surpass America and they will be auto sufficient,not needing america for much.Only a matter of time.And them all America will have is DOLLAR STORES selling second class Chinese goods to jobless fat american people with ittle pride.

PS I saw a good deal of botched products from China.I guess these were made in the USA and had the "Made In" stickers swaped.

11.gif