SPL not even on the Khorns--What to do.

RAPTORMAN

I was playing around with my sitting position last night. Part of that is getting my ear right on the midhorns of my Khorns. I notice that at a very,very (Almost at zero) low level I can hear music on the left but not on the right.6.gif6.gif Can this be fix easily or I should just not worry about it. What should I do???8.gif

Yeah I agree with Ben, your K-Horns are so very efficient and the gain on your amps may not be the same at very low levels and you are simply getting a hint of power applied to the speaker you can hear the sound coming out of. It they sound normal at your chosen listening levels then I would not sweat it. If it is a marked problem at all levels maybe you have a tube stage begining to weaken on the monoblock you have the disparity in volume on.

Is it your ears? or do you notice this when you move up close to the speakers? I too just think it's the gain pot on your preamp or amp...they aren't very accurate towards the bottom end of the spectrum. Do you even listen at a "very, very (almost at zero) low level" anyway? 2.gif

I have the same problem with my Mac 1900 receiver, and it's a brand new volume control. Sometimes I have to listen that low because my daughter's bedroom is on the backside of one of the Khorns! Luckily, I just bought a (reconditioned, $200 on Amazon) pair of Sennheiser HD-600s!

----------------

On 8/8/2005 9:09:50 AM fini wrote:

I have the same problem with my Mac 1900 receiver, and it's a brand new volume control. Sometimes I have to listen that low because my daughter's bedroom is on the backside of one of the Khorns! Luckily, I just bought a (reconditioned, $200 on Amazon) pair of Sennheiser HD-600s!
----------------

Fini in your case it isn't the Mac that is off 2.gif