More ? from a newbie

mowntnbkr

----------------

On 8/12/2005 10:39:32 AM mowntnbkr wrote:

Right now I have a tube tv, but I am leaning towards a dlp. I look at the picture quality of a 32 in Sony Wega and it leaves me thinking that dlp is still lacking. I like dlp due to the fact that it is just a bulb (granted and expensive one) that wears out and not the screen. To be honest though right now my focus is on the audio.

----------------

Okay. It's going to be tough to use Heritage series speakers with any tube TV because of shielding. If you were going with a projector it would be fairly easy to set the screen high enough to accommodate a Heresy, a Cornwall, or a La Scala at the center position. You can put a Heresy on a shelf over any RPTV, and you can put one under some DLP and LCD sets. Finally, you can do what some have done and gut a Heresy or a Cornwall to make a custom Heritage center for your application.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 8/12/2005 10:46:33 AM sunburnwilly wrote:

Actualy I have never said Reference Series were crap .

----------------

What you've actually said is that Reference are not "real" Klipsch.

----------------

The poster seemed to want opinions so I gave him Mine .

----------------

Actually you gave Spkrdctr your opinion of his opinion.

----------------

And yes , I agree it would be far easier to assemble a Reference Series system than a Heritage one . Would you like me to elaborate ?
10.gif

----------------

Not really.

Not necessarily true, older alnico tweeters and midrange drivers are shielded by design, and there is no reason why they would not work. Also, I have a friend that has a 34" tube Toshiba sitting on top of a pair of walnut Belles, with no distortion in the picture tube. The midrange driver is much farther back than the picture tube, and does not affect it. The woofer is also far enough away not to affect the tube as well. The tweeter magnet also has no effect at all.

Oh, well my wife doesn't really want a tube tv anyway, she likes the whole idea of a thinner tv that is half the weight. I just keep falling back on it because it seems the picture quality of a rptv/plasma/lcd is not quite up to snuff, but I am willing to make the tv fit the best audio setup.

Hey Mowntnbkr if you want to see where this little thing between Olirin , Shane and myself started , lookup the ( need suggestions thread ) . By the way Olirin I left a tasty little tid-bit on page 3 that you and Shane might enjoy . Am I wrong ? No . Is the sky falling ? If Olirin says it is , it surely must be . By the way Olirin it's Friday , shouldn't you be getting ready for your'e Dungeons and Dragons clan meeting ? I here Shane has increased Krell's power by a factor of 4 , better put your'e game face on . And for the record I am neither a Heritage or reference owner , I am a KLIPSCH owner ... Oh , I almost forgot , IMO 10.gif

I would suggest you take a look at some of the new DLP models . The argument over CRT vs Plasma , LCD , DLP could certainly fill up a forum on it's own . I have both , a great old Toshiba 35" CRT and a new 50" Samsung DLP . MY DLP looks better than my CRT , but then again my CRT is 12 years old and is not compatable with HD . I also find that the weight advantage of the DLP , wide viewing angle , and Shallow chasis gives it an advatage over my CRT .( 50" DLP - 70Lbs. , 35" CRT - 280 Lbs.) ,( DLP - 15" deep , CRT - 27" deep ) Many will say the black levels of the CRT's is the best , many will say Plasma has the best . I am happy with my DLP allthough it is by far not the best out there , plus there is no magnetic shielding issue . With the depth of your room you may find that a 50" plus screen size would be highly satisfying . IMO

Hey with an Avatar like that Olorin I felt it was a reasonable assumption , why would it ruffle your rickets enough to make you use profanity ? Did I strike a nerve you pompus you know what . And Shane I have seen them playing at the shop that I buy my incense from ; Mmmm love the mullberry , you can't help but hear those folks going at it , Hilarious ! Seems like I was not too far off the mark though . IMO " We Now Return You To Your Regularly Scheduled Topic "10.gif

----------------

On 8/12/2005 2:41:09 PM Olorin wrote:

That's okay, I'll type really slow since I know you don't read very fast.
----------------

Hey ever since I took tha Evelen Woodhead Speed Reedin course , my reedin has improved 100% ! Now be carefull you wouldn't want me to let loose the Crackin on Ya' . Uh , too late , you better drop the mouse and RUN ! Aaaaaaaaaa

10.gif

I have never regretted the time and effort it took to put together my Heritage HT. The sound of the horn midrange is what I like for music AND movies (IMO of course 2.gif ). Also, half of the fun is that one cannot just go to the store and bring it home.

The ultimate center (again IMO) is a vertical Cornwall sitting horizontally above the screen (I have never experienced any picture distortion on my Mit from that position. However, once when I tried it on the floor in front of the Mit the distortion was significant).