tradeing center for vinyl

joessportster

just a thought i have, was wondering if any one would be interested in a thread dedicated to listing vinyl that we would have and be willing to trade for whatever someone else may post for trade. not interested in making money on this in fact each person should pay to ship there trades by an agreed upon method, and albums graded according to goldmine standards

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????????10.gif Joe

I find a lot of nice LPs at the thrift shop for a buck and even if I already have a copy, I usually pick it up knowing someone here will want it. I usually end up losing money but we're not talking big bucks here.

I'm at the point where I'm trying to get rid of many of my old classic rock LPs and I have a couple folks I need to put packages together for.

If something shows up that looks interesting, I'd certainly be willing to do some trading.

A few years ago I used to trade all the time with both dealers and collectors. I'd run across something cool, let's say a nice clean "New Soil" deep groove or something and I'd call Jack Brown in New York and say "what do you have for trade" and he'd run down a list and finally he'd say "how about a "2 Trumpets" and since this was an early Prestige with Donald Byrd that I didn't have I'd say "cool" and the records would pass in the mail. He'd sell the "New Soil" for more than he was asking for the "2 Trumpets" LP and we'd BOTH be stoked.

This all ended in 2000 when ebay took off. All of a sudded a guy like me who is primarily a COLLECTOR had a way to market records to the entire jazz record collector world. The old-time dealers soon started selling on ebay too and the "old school" way ended forever.

----------------

On 8/22/2005 12:06:32 AM crazytubepower wrote:

I think it would be awesome, I could make a website!!! as i am a webdesigner! If there is a real intrest and I can get at least 20 guys who want to forum there I will make one. Then we could pass the word along and could have some cool vinyl/ trading forum.

Tell me what ya think.
----------------

Let's do it! Count me in! I've got vinyl that does not suit mytaste, but nobody likes what I like, so someone will like this stuff.

Paul

I think it's a great idea as well, and I would suggest that people post what they are looking for as well as what they have to offer.

I haven't looked at them closely, but I've got several very old (acetate maybe?) Columbia Masterwork albums that I picked up at the Public Library. They are in good shape, but I have no idea what they sound like or whether they use the RIAA curve. They are probably 78's. You remember the old albums that came in a group of 6 or so in the big-*** binder? Does anyone collect these? It seems a shame to leave them in my basement.

I have some 'normal' albums I could easily trade off as well. I find I'm not much a fan of John Coltrane so I could easily lose some of his stuff. No, I don't have anything really rare or extraordinary. Have to look to see what else I have.

There are three albums I'm currently looking for:

Van Morrison- Astral Weeks & St. Dominic's Preview (I have a copy of the latter, but I want a cleaner copy)

Magic Sam- West Side Soul (can't find that one ANYwhere!)

Problem is that most people with albums nowadays are people that collect albums. I find it difficult to get rid of stuff- even stuff I don't listen to much. I bet a lot of us are like that- we want, but we don't want to give up.

Cheers,

Jason