New Klipsch Premiere Speakers

bonedoc

I have faith that Klipsch will suceed in doing just that! Every new product they put out seems to always be better than the previous. That's what I like about Klipsch! 9.gif

I agree, better later and getting it right than too soon just to get it out before it's right like some companies do, just to make sure they meet new product demands!

Brings to mind the question, can it be that Klipsch can actually produce an improvement to what they already currently have in the lineup, or is it the "new model for next year" syndrome, like changing the door handles on a chevrolet?

Some food for thought...

DM2.gif

Good point D-man. I sincerely hope Klipsch doesn't cave to the marketers and make changes for the sake of change. That'd put them in the same shoes as Bose and the like, although they'd still sound better. Leave well enough alone and cut prices to your loyal fans, Klipsh.

"I sincerely hope Klipsch doesn't cave to the marketers and make changes for the sake of change." -JPM

In my opinion, they've done so already, re: Reference and Synergy line. Not that I'd classify those speakers as "bad" - much to the contrary, but they've definitely taken Klipsch in a different direction then they were on with the Heritage series.

Yes, they're more profitable now, but 10 to 15 years ago nobody would have thought that Klipsch would be making a cheap lineup that would be found in gigantic, mass-marketed stores like today's BestBuy let alone getting into (or inventing) niche markets like high-powered computer speakers.

All of these things has helped Klipsch make $$$ and has allowed them much greater name recognition and has not only kept them alive but has allowed them to grow.

But there's defintely been a change with the quality of the products that they put out and that change definitely has something to do with Klipsch's bottom-line.

There were a lot of problems (QC and otherwise) with Klispch's Pro Media lineup and I always thought that was cause for concern should Klipsch allow stuff like that to carry over to their high-line gear (Reference).

Well, there has been a few issues of wires and connectors supposedly coming undone on Reference series but that's nothing in comparison to the problems that plagued the Pro Media line. Still, it could be cause for concern if they don't nip in the butt before it potentially gets out of hand.

I've been a Klipsch fan for the longest time and I love them dearly. I happen to think the company was "purer" when PWK ran it but I'm not stupid or blind either with respect to what Fred Klipsch has done insofar as expansion and profitablilty is concerned.

I only hope that Klipsch doesn't lose sight of their roots and forsake the very train-of-thought that gave them the reputation of going against-the-grain with their horn-loaded speakers so many years ago.

In other words - KEEP THE FAITH...like bringing back a three-way Klipsch speaker with the all-important horn-loaded midrange. 2.gif

Much agreed Heresy2guy! It's not just a guns or butter story (that'll date me), but Klipsch had to get into the numbers game to stay competitive and keep the name out there. Can you magine what Klipsch would be like in today's marketplace without Synergy or Reference?

It'd be custom ordered LS from the one or two boutique audio dealers in major cities only. Or they might not be available at all. Keeping the lines moving is what allows not only research and development into new lines, but keeps the cash flow to keep the company viable.

Michael

I bought 2004 La Scalas so they are still keeping the Klipsch Heritage alive. I understand why people buy the used Klipsch Heritage speakers but they should not complain if Klipsch stops making the Heritage line cause no one has bought one in 6 months. I don't know how many new Heritage speakers they sell every year but I don't think they make a huge profit from new Heritage speakers.

Xman

If you want to sell something you also have to market the product as well. When was the last time you saw a heritage klipsch ad or walked into an audio store to see Heritage next to reference? I haven't seen heritage speakers in a store in years and the Heresey II should at least be anywhere the reference is shown?

If you read the two channel forum what products get discussed more than any other? Heritage.

When new people drop by and ask advice most of the time they are told to buy heritage.

It would be interesting to see what an invigorated Heritage marketing campaign would do for sales.

That is a good point Seti! Maybe part of this big announcement in Sep is that Klipsch will start marketing the Heritage line again.

Hey Amy and Trey Klipsch should open "The Klipsch Store" and all they would sell is Klipsch. They could have a room for Heritage, Reference, and any other lines. They would have total control over how things are presented, what gear is used with the speakers, all aspects of it. Basicilly target the people who are able to spend the money on their home theater and 2 channel systems. I know won't happen.

Xman

Kev I understand that most people don't have $7000 for new KlipshHorns or $3500 for new La Scalas so they do the next best thing and buy used I would to. I've been paying $88 a month on my 2004 La Scalas for almost a year and a half. Dec 2007 I'll be finished paying them off. Klipsch is a business first and if the Heritage line gets to a point that it is costing the company too much money then they will be discontinued.

So if anyone is able to afford new Heritage then support KLipsch and buy new Heritage.

Xman

Every now and then I have a big bbq and invite lots of people over and the last time I did this a guy was over that had his own recording studio/company. After listening for a while he asked if he could hear some of the local talent he had produced. He had heard these cds many times and couldn't believe what he was hearing as he kept saying I've never heard that before. His wife is not happy with me as now he wants Heritage Klipsch for his home so he can better analyze his recordings. I know of two people that have bought Klipsch after hanging out and listening to music at a party at my house.