2 uF and 13 uF (AA crossover) caps polarity?

psg

Getting ready to replace old caps with 13 mfd Solen and 2 mfd Auricap

caps... The Auricap have a polarity indicated by black and red

wires and the Solen have no marked polarity that I can tell. The

original parts from the AA crossover doesn't appear to have any

markings either, but I can't eb sure until I remove the boards.

So my questions are: Is there a polarity on these film caps? Does it matter for the Auricap how I install it?

Thanks...

I agree with Dean. Caps have no polarity! A lot of cap brands (Like Solen FasCaps) have no polarity markings at all. The only thing it COULD mean is inside / outside foil. Even then, what is the inside or outside when a sandwitch is rolled up into a spiral? Look at it from the caps point of view. It doesn't know which way is the source when the direction of current is continuously reversing (AC). Another thought: If you are in a room with two open windows and a breez blowing through it, is the air being pushed into one window or is it being "sucked" out the other? What's the "source" in the air current even if its blowing only in one direction. At least in that case you now which way it's going because it doesn't reverse. That's all a cap knows. Polarity only refers to the direction of current flow. An electrolytic cap is the only type that cares about which polarity it sees.

Al K.