An Opinion!

neo33

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am a long way from a golden ear or critical listener and i have to agree that i find it hard to pick out little nuances in change like rolling tubes etc... i bought the blueberry after hearing garys and except for the fact that the price dropped only 2 weeks after i bought mine(near 500.00 that is alot of depreciation i felt like i just got stung by a used car salesman) ( i couldnt see how some one manufactureing the product wouldnt know of a dramatic price drop comming only 2 weeks down the road, im sure i would know if my prices were dropping and would definately let customers know "ethics 101"), i contimplated upgrading to the extreme but when all was said & done i would have had more in it than if i had bought one outright at full price. i didnt and i still dont think its fair that i took this type of hit on the price so i decided to stick with what i have i cant sell it i would lose way to much money so i call it a keeper. i will say the sound is very good better that the scott i had before this. Joe

[:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o]

i am a long way from a golden ear or critical listener and i have to agree that i find it hard to pick out little nuances in change like rolling tubes etc... i bought the blueberry after hearing garys and except for the fact that the price dropped only 2 weeks after i bought mine(near 500.00 that is alot of depreciation i felt like i just got stung by a used car salesman) ( i couldnt see how some one manufactureing the product wouldnt know of a dramatic price drop comming only 2 weeks down the road, im sure i would know if my prices were dropping and would definately let customers know "ethics 101"), i contimplated upgrading to the extreme but when all was said & done i would have had more in it than if i had bought one outright at full price. i didnt and i still dont think its fair that i took this type of hit on the price so i decided to stick with what i have i cant sell it i would lose way to much money so i call it a keeper. i will say the sound is very good better that the scott i had before this. Joe

Wow. I'd be pissed if I were you. Maybe Mark will upgrade you for a BIG TIME DISCOUNTED PRICE if you ask him "pretty please?"

[:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o][:o]

"Something unknown is doing we don't know what."

Sir Arthur Eddington, commenting on the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle

not sure about that principle in this situation, a small business ran by 1 or 2 individuals would surely know if they were to experiance savings or cost hikes in advance, as you would certainly keep a certain amount of stock on hand for future orders or repairs. Joe

"Wow. I'd be pissed if I were you. Maybe Mark will upgrade you for a BIG TIME DISCOUNTED PRICE if you ask him "pretty please?"

needless to say i wasnt exactly happy, and as i said i approached mark to see what type deal i could get going to an extreme and the deal as he quoted would have been, i paid 1286.00 plus 25.00 shipping plus 340.00 upgraded tubes and walnut case roughly 1600.00, to get the extreme with lomc cream he wanted 1200.00 ontop of my trade that would be near 3000.00 in a pre-amp considerably more than it would cost to just buy it outright????????? Joe

"Wow. I'd be pissed if I were you. Maybe Mark will upgrade you for a BIG TIME DISCOUNTED PRICE if you ask him "pretty please?"

needless to say i wasnt exactly happy, and as i said i approached mark to see what type deal i could get going to an extreme and the deal as he quoted would have been, i paid 1286.00 plus 25.00 shipping plus 340.00 upgraded tubes and walnut case roughly 1600.00, to get the extreme with lomc cream he wanted 1200.00 ontop of my trade that would be near 3000.00 in a pre-amp considerably more than it would cost to just buy it outright????????? Joe

Yes, I'd be HOT too. That 'deal' afterwards is no deal either. Something is wrong with this situation. I'd be interested to hear Mark's side of this story..

Yes, I'd be HOT too. That 'deal' afterwards is no deal either. Something is wrong with this situation. I'd be interested to hear Mark's side of this story..

i dont think mark is a bad guy i just think he actually doesnt realize how much i actually put into this and he probably never put it togeather that the price drop was so close to when i bought mine, imagine my suprise after i buy mine and then a short time later i go to his web site to find the 500.00 drop on the new blueberry 100.00 more and i could have bought a new one with all the new upgrades instead of the refurbished original model. i would also be interested to hear marks reply's and see if he knew the whole deal or not Joe

wow neo, you are really going out of your way to be negative. I think you should back down, atleast in this thread and let mark reply to this.

On the other hand the forum is probly not the best place to bring this to marks attention. Maybe you should have e-mailed him before bringing your complaints to the forum. "ethics 101"[^o)]

I agree, it just seems that to me mark is being thrown into this whole thing. I havent seen one post from him in any of this. If you and Craig want to go at it it's fine by me but as far as I know Mark hasnt been here for any of it. They are two different people after all.

And if I had a problem with a business transaction with a forum member I would keep it between us atleast until both partys were aware of the problem. Joe stated this as well, and he shouldnt have even brought it up given the frenzy of late.

I really dont care it just seems that your out in the deep end here.

"Quality" is subjective. I just want people (especially newbies) to really understand what value is.

I don't have golden ears, so to speak. But I am quite sure

that most people here will agree that I have a "decent" setup for about

2 grands. And when somebody praise a $2,000 piece of gear as

"values for the money", I'd certainly have reservation about it.