New Crossover for Cornwall II

BEC

BEC is looking for interest in building crossover networks for the cornwall II. if you are in need of a new xover for your CWII, then bob would be the man to talk to. the picture i posted was of the network i made, i am not selling anything or offering any service. but if you want to know i can tell you by pm how much i have in parts.

All parts available at www.partsexpress.com

027-952 (Janzten 68uF)

027-852 (Kimber 1.5uF)

027-862 (Kimber 3.0uF)

266-912 (Erse 'Super Q' 3mH)

266-558 (Erse iron core, 3mH)

255-022 (Jantzen .16mH .23)

About $150 in parts if you use your stock/existing autoformers, boards, and terminal strips.

Hmmmm. I'm going to need a set of Cornwall 2 xovers soon.

K77s

K57s

K33

dump those k77s for a pair of k79s then you'll have yourself a CWII. what you got now would use a b-3.

Doh! I have not even purchased them yet, but I did mean to say K79s. I'm most likely going to get the K79's and K33's within the month. Then all I will need are my xovers.

Kriton,

I don't think there would be much improvement in sound over a rebuild. Just all the parts better to last longer and they would look like something that belonged in a high end speaker. They would have a better autotransformer and woofer inductor and be built on a nice piece of wood with a terminal strip to connect the driver wires.

Bob

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob,

I'm interested in a pair of your crossovers for the Cornwall II. Could you tell me how much they would be?

I've recently acquired an '88 pair, but their crossovers are on a PC board mounted to the binding post plate rather than point-to-point wired and mounted to the cabinet. Would this make a difference?

Lost,

For your late model Cornwall IIs, I think you could go 3 different ways.

1. I could rebuild your old set using new and better caps. I think Deang also offers this option.

2. I could build a new set on wooden boards for you to mount on the bottom or side of the cabinet. I would need to have your old crossovers to do that since you would still be using the plastic cup for the input terminals.

3. Forum member Popbumper could build you a new set of his K-stack crossovers.

Those choices go from least expensive to most expensive.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@centurytel.net