rs-7 or rb-75

jgatty

For music in a room.. (unless a dedicated HT room) RB- 75's, I agree, will probably be more "musical" in filling a room.

This is not knocking the RS-7's at all. They are WONDERFUL surrounds in a HT application. The WDST works wonders for enveloping you in sound. Even things such as a concert you feel 10 rows back..dead center... or for movies if it is a shot fired to the back right.. It still sounds like it is fired to the back right.. These work well in a HT dediacted room

Sounds like your more a "I want to fill er up" with music.. So the same speakers will be better.

It all is personal opinion, so bottom line..... do what sounds best to you.

Sorry all, but I have to do it.... I have to make my RC7 pitch.

If you are considering the RB75's, I would highly recommend you take a look at RC7s. They are a higher quality sounding speaker. Yes, the RB75's are front ported which can be a huge benifit, but if you have some room behind the RC7s... The RC7s will whup up on the RB75s. I've done side by side comparisons between the two. If you have the ability to do a side by side, I would strongly suggest you do it before settling on the RB75s.

Just my opinion and 2 bits.

I'd say take m00n's advice. Either way, a direct radiating speaker over a dipole or bipole is preferable for imaging.

Thank you. [:)]

Oh and I know I know... Some of you are thinking, "But m00n, drop the crack pipe, RC7s are center channel speakers". All I can say is... YUP. That's what their original purpose was for.