trim is done

IndyKlipschFan

HT room as you walk in .. in the back.. The two holes up above are for 2 TVs, center area for a 106" screen diagonally HDT projection screen

Left and right and underneath the TV's will house whatever speaker combo is the final thing.. with some acoustic cloth to cover them up. TV's also have a frame around the frame to cover them up as well if necessary. Yes it is a stage in front of everything for Karaoke.. I will get pics in a reverse angle after lights go up. Will decorate with black / red velvet curtains where I can, and everything except the screen will be black up front.. Dark red diamond shaped carpet stage are same pattern but in black.

Room is 16' 8" wide x 26 feet back, finished out..

I found 4 wall sconces for 22 dollars each, on sale at Menard's.. They look just like the theater ones in all of the HT catalogs you see for 250.00 It was a great find..

Rope light in the trey ceiling.. too.. 50 foot on sale for 20 dollars.

post-5910-13819271465996_thumb.jpg

Opposite the HT room and ticket booth is the bar/ restroom/ billiards table room. More open spaces to remain comfortable too. Will have Heresies up above a TV above center and audio stuff below.

Rather than have a regular light come down for the pool table.. we elected to go with a low voltage flex track kit.. like a curved "S" and shine those down on the table.. That way the TV is not blocked.

post-5910-13819271469706_thumb.jpg

On the side walls in the HT....

I have been thinking of a chair rail in the HT room. This way, we could accommodate (for now) a two way paint scheme.. Maybe black on the bottom a dark red above..

Later, where the dark red is on the top 2/3rds, this area could become some kind of sound material or Red Velvet curtains later, but keeping the bottom not covered so it is not totally dead. What are your thoughts?

Yes I did all the "tricks".. we will see / hear if it really works.. Isolated beams, rubber inserts, extra insulation, walls that do not touch other walls.Ceilings that do not come in contact with the regular floor joists above... So false walls, false ceilings.. HVAC wrapped...Water pipes wrapped... At some point it just gets NUTS lemmie tell ya! There is a LOT of great info out there... Some good, some pretty close to PT Barnum stuff IMO. You just do what you can, I guess and hope in the end you did enough. I did not want a tottaly silent room.. for movies, yes great /// for Karaoke a nightmare..IMO.. if too dead. But yes behind the drywall is as much pink insulation as possible. Good thing is, I can barely at all hear the HVAC in there now...and nothing from the upstairs sink or toilet.. so a home run! Now if the sound stays in and does not go up to the second floor too much or somewhere else??? Again, a home run!

I did not float a floor...so a great pad... 5/8 inches thick heavy one with really good dense carpet will have to do. Also Black velvet drapes to open or shut will be in the walkway too.. Into the Theater.. Rather than doors..

J.4knee wrote the following post at 09-17-2005 6:39 PM:

Indy, this place is going to look spectactular when you are done. On an aside, it's a bummer that you'll not be getting any more trim.

==============================================================

Indiana University WINS....... 38 - 14 against Kentucky....

Hehehehe, Nothing like "scoring" more than once in a night. Nuff Said!!!! Looks like I/We will be having fun for years still! Go Hoosiers!!!!

3-0 start feels great!

Go Hoosiers!!!!

3-0 start feels great!

Roger, Isn't this their best start since "68" ?

Also noticed on the Back wall of the picture of your Pool room, leaning against the wall- it looks like the top to a Giant Klipschorn!..............(I know it is probably just another shelf unit though)..........

Marvel.. I am using the area under the stairs for a vocal booth. This I will use a lot of sound treatment and see how it turns out. a simple Alesis multimix system into a computer I hope it works out.

For now I am not going to do any more trim in the HT. Will look at wall coverings later, after the equipment is in. Painters swear they will start the process tomorrow. (Thursday 22nd of Sept..) We will see!! hahahahaha

I like the Mackie equipment too. (I have the 1604 VLZ board... Use the amps too...very quiet and powerful!!)

Would not be surprised at some point..if I go that route.. For 129 dollars thought the Alesis might be a good intro... Into what I was trying to do. (KISS principle..for recording vocals with karaoke discs. Add in vocal effects and be done with it. Press on to a CD whalla You just made a CD recording!!)