Big Velodyne subs. Thinking of going with another line cause I'm not happy

Fast1

Thanks for the reply formica and thanks for the backup "the ear". I have been rounds with this guy. I think he enjoys ruffling his feathers. I am a great feather plucker. Nice to hear also that you enjoy some solid bass as I do. I guess I grew up to appreciate quality sound no matter is quantity. Sometimes just bragging rights bring a smile to my face.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the reply formica and thanks for the backup "the ear". I have been rounds with this guy. I think he enjoys ruffling his feathers. I am a great feather plucker. Nice to hear also that you enjoy some solid bass as I do. I guess I grew up to appreciate quality sound no matter is quantity. Sometimes just bragging rights bring a smile to my face.

Unfortunately, the only thing you have demonstrated thus far has been an appreciation of quantity, no matter the quality.

Rounds? You have obviously also missed the rampant sardonic humor here!

And regarding the mouth, he is so far behind the curve that one has to go back and search the thread for his perceived slights, only to find that he completely and incorrectly read the thread!

Yep, you have your bragging rights!

...While the rest just have an appreciation and knowledge of subs... A cross they will just have to bear!

Have fun bragging and "educating" others![:P]

Actually I am thinking of buying another FSR. Why not. Everyone seems on a mission to figure out why I want another but many on this forum own more that one. Don't we call this a double standard? I have heard many systems with multiple units and I think impact is what is most inhanced.

Not me! I totally understand why you would want a 2nd one! I run dual 15's myself, and would happily run dual 18's! The more clean, deep bass the better I say.

I would not pay $1500 for a used FSR-18 though when they can be had for $1K or less.

That looks awesome together Travis! Velodyne for the super clean lows and the RSW-15 for the output and punch from 30Hz on up! Talk about the dynamic duo! [:D]

I agree, nice setup. I was really just kidding on selling the FSR. I figure is someone wanted to pay ou the nose, I would happily buy a DD. I like it and probably won't part with it easily. I would like to play with a Klipsch 15, but I tried one before and was not happy. maybe needed more setup though.

Here's a huge list of free stuff (some are only trials though):

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/SPECTRUM_ANALYZERS/

I've gone through a dozen or so and have been messing the most with this one

: VA - Visual Analyser 4.0

It's kind hard to go wrong when it's free... [;)]

Btw, you can't use the mic on your ratshack meter because it is not

a calibrated mic. I remember reading about a very cheap mod for the

meter (like under $10) with a mic available for a few cents over at

digi-key. I don't seem to have the link readily available

though...Anyways, a more plug and play approach would be to get the $50

Behringer ECM or something 8000 (which is a calibrated mic). But then

you would need a phantom power supply (most computers don't have one).

If you don't want to spend the money, thats fine. And you will get what you pay for, a measuring system that will not give you the component nature of the variables involved. And I am guessing that you already know pretty much everything the SPL/RTA/Spectrum analyzer will tell you.

In the past, many have lamented the expense of the exotic measuring systems, which is understandable.

But now we present a package for $150 that will deliver 60% of the big time domain packages, and 100% of the necessary measurements, plus a package that for $300 will also analyze room modes for irregularly shaped rooms, and we all run away. (Note, you have to call and talk to them to find out about this new mode analysis product!)

What you have here is an affordable MLS time domain system that will also provide you will all of the frequency domain measurements as well!

And at the same time we repeatedly read how a basic CD/DVD player is not adequate and you must buy a unit that retails for at least $1500 to listen to the same CD's that the other half of the site trashes for their lousy encoding! Hmmmmm! And to think this software costs far less!

So, for the others who are curious...

Check out the ETF5 system. The attachment is a brief listing of some of what is included in the basic package!

http://www.etfacoustic.com/

But please be careful! If anyone were to get this, they might obtain some worthwhile and insightful measurements that will allow them to actually move beyond the suspicion that something is happening and begin to see what is actually happening! Of course at that point, not only would they have the tools to accurately ascertain what is actually happening, but they would have the tools sufficient to determine if the steps taken are actually contributing to the solution! Oh my![:D]

Run away! Run away![:P]

(Of course it is about time for another illustrious(sic) member to make an appearance and declare that they need no more then a pocket knife and chewing gum to make all the measurements needed by acousticians![:P])

ETF.pdf

(Of course it is

about time for another illustrious(sic) member to make an appearance

and declare that they need no more then a pocket knife and chewing gum

to make all the measurements needed by acousticians![:P])

So what kind of pocket knife is it? I can think of a few ways it could

be done (really all it takes is something to move when sound hits it

and a way to measure it). [:P]