Want: KLF towers and some advice

JGordon

I recently picked up a klf-c7 and am now looking to purchase a pair of klf-10s or klf-20s. I have heard the klf-10's in action and liked them. How do the klf-20 compare? Or could heritage speakers also be an option. I have heard some old heresy II and was impressed, but I have not heard them with the klf-c7. Please advise.

I recently picked up a klf-c7 and am now looking to purchase a pair of klf-10s or klf-20s. I have heard the klf-10's in action and liked them. How do the klf-20 compare? Or could heritage speakers also be an option. I have heard some old heresy II and was impressed, but I have not heard them with the klf-c7. Please advise.

The difference between the klf10's and 20's is the 10's are a 2 way and the 20's are a 3 way IMO the 20's are far superior I listened to both and for music the 20's sounded cleaner You can also get the klf 30's which are idenical to the 20's besides having 2 12" woofers the mids and highs are the same I love my lengends I have 30's 20's and 2 c7's Rich

Welcome to the forum JGordon. I was just down in your beautiful

city for a vacation a week ago. The kids really love the historic

district. My favorite part is the great restaurants there...[:D]

Anyway...any of the KLF series will sound great. The 20' and 30's

have a more detailed sound and if that is pleasing ot your ear, go for

20's and/or 30's. The Heresy's might sound "OK", but if you are

looking for the best soundstage with minimal work and expense, there is

nothing like the sonic quality of identical speakers across the front

and in the surround positions. If you do a search for "timbre

match" or "voice match" on this forum you will find lots of post on

this topic.

Also, do a search on this forum for "statesboro". There was a

forum member with some KLF series stuff for sale earlier this

summer. He might be able to help you out.

Hope this helps.

Also, do a search on this forum for "statesboro". There was a forum member with some KLF series stuff for sale earlier this summer. He might be able to help you out.

Hope this helps.

I bought them from Miller in Statesboro several months ago. I do alot of work in Savannah, Ft Stewart and Bluffton/Hilton Head so I get down there alot. Ask the guys at Audio Warehouse on Abercorn near Oglethorpe Mall, they are an authorized dealer and may have by some slim chance know someone who has some legends. I do know they have a couple of pair of RS-7s open box they want to unload.

JGordon,

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the KLF-C7! I can only follow up on the good advice you've been given and say to either get a pair of 20's or 30's. I have a C7 and a pair of 20's. I really like my Legends and will have them for a really long time. I just bought a pair of Chorus II's and from the very limited listening I've done so far, the 20's are every bit as good.

I'm not sure why the KLF series isn't as popular but they are definately awesome. There have been a number of pairs recently of 20's on ebay. There was one mint pair that had to be relisted and it sold for $440 on the relisting. This was at the same time I bought my Chorus II's off of ebay and I paid $750. They are for the most part, equivalent in performance specs. And from my limited listening so far with the Chorus II's, my feelings are that they are in fact very close in sound and performance.

Mike

The difference between the klf10's and 20's is the 10's are a 2 way and the 20's are a 3 way IMO the 20's are far superior I listened to both and for music the 20's sounded cleaner You can also get the klf 30's which are idenical to the 20's besides having 2 12" woofers the mids and highs are the same I love my lengends I have 30's 20's and 2 c7's Rich

Exactly. I started with a pair of KLF-10's and a friend talked me into the 20's. I bought a pair sight-unseen. I A/B tested the 10's and 20's side-by-side when I got the 20's home (after re-glueing the cabinets - glue failure is a common problem with these speakers). I found what Rich said to be very true.

There is a large difference between the 10's and 20's. There is a smaller difference between the 20's and 30's. I think you'll be very happy with either the 20's or 30's.

The 10's would make a nice surround speakers if you can't find any KSP-S6's to use. The 10's should be cheaper than the S6's as well.