Did Cornwall ever come with K-52 mid driver?

bhendrix

Yup, you'll be just fine.

It should be coupled by bolts to the plastic K601 horn, so it won't ring like the metal ones. That assembly is known as the K57. They are not interchangeable drivers as the mounting is different.

The K52 is a 1 1/2 voice coil (versus the K55 2") and its range is a bit higher. Also not prone to the spike in upper response that some of the K55's have.

Congrats on your Cornwall purchase!

Michael

"It should be coupled by bolts to the plastic K601 horn, so it won't ring like the metal ones. That assembly is known as the K57. They are not interchangeable drivers as the mounting is different."

This sounds like you are saying if you have a K-52 bolted to a K601 then you have a thing called a K-57 "assembly".

I like your signatures, Bob!

By the way, your advice about not rope-caulking the metal horns can be construed as heresy around these parts - lol. I for one have never rope-caulked any metal horns and my all my current speakers utilize the plastic ones, but still, rope-caulking tends to be seen as something Moses carried down the mountain with him - lol.

-H2G

H2G said: "I like your signatures, Bob!

By the way, your advice about not rope-caulking the metal horns can be construed as heresy around these parts - lol. I for one have never rope-caulked any metal horns and my all my current speakers utilize the plastic ones, but still, rope-caulking tends to be seen as something Moses carried down the mountain with him - lol."

Yes, we have lots of dogma, some of which may be heresy, and then there is truth. Ask Trey Cannon some time what PWK did to him when Trey suggested that perhaps a metal horn should be rope-caulked.

Bob Crites

yes Bob that's what I was referring to. Now you've got me even more confused. So there is both a thread on and bolt on K52 driver then?

I have one clearly stamped in blue ink (no magnet cover) K52, that has the bolt on K601 plastic horn. We did describe that assembly as a K57 then, correct? (whew)

Michael

yes Bob that's what I was referring to. Now you've got me even more confused. So there is both a thread on and bolt on K52 driver then?

I have one clearly stamped in blue ink (no magnet cover) K52, that has the bolt on K601 plastic horn. We did describe that assembly as a K57 then, correct? (whew)

Michael

i was about to type what bob said, but then i re-read what colter and dean wrote so i didn't. the k-52 has a bolt on sound chamber to be used with standard threaded horns like in the klf-20/30. otherwise without it, it bolts straight onto a k-601

Also, looks to me like if you take the K-53-K off its plastic K-701 horn and put the threaded adapter on it, you would have a screw on (K-52) ready to install on a threaded horn.

Whew, like we said before.

Bob