Cleaning out my car... black Academy for sale?

Coytee

I've had this in/out of my car a couple of times (packaged to ship) and I'm finally over moving it around [:)]

I'll post several pictures of it but first I want to point out some things.

First, the speaker is bone stock and works great.

The "bad" (for sake of full disclosure)

The black has rubbed off in various spots (see pic #10 & 11)

Unfortunately, I didn't really notice the after pictures of the ends being vague until AFTER I boxed it up. I'm sorry for that.

Ok, the wife is the artistic type and she went over the worn areas with what I belive was a sharpie... then she had what I thought to be a hair brained idea... she asked for my black shoe polish!!!???

Yes, went over the entire speaker with black shoe polish and I gotta say, the sucker looked brand new! Close inspection of the worn areas WILL still show the wear spot underneith the polish and not be "black" like the rest of the speaker but when it's sitting on your shelf, you'll never notice (at least I woudn't)

The front grill of the speaker has something along the lower edge. I've said before (a bit tongue in cheek) that it looks like cake batter from a food fight. Seems someone didn't like considering a speaker that had cake batter on it. Well, so much for my attempt at humor. Frankly, I don't know WHAT it is nor how long it's been there. I just noticed it when I pulled these out of storage a year ago and feel it should be mentioned.

The lady bug seen on the open face of the speaker should no longer be there. In the fall weather, we get ba-zillions of ladybugs inside the house. Yes, I said ba-zillions. It's unreal how many get in.

I'll post all pics I have of the speaker.

Price wise, I'm hoping to get someone's attention at $500 before shipping. Since it's already boxed up (see pics) there should be no packing expenses.

No feelings hurt by me if no interst is shown... I might then put it onto ebay & see what happens, just wanted to mention my intent here first.

Seems I might (hopefully) have another toy to pay for.

What I BELIVE to be the other side before wifes magic. I can't swear this was the before shot on this SAME speaker like I can #10 (you can see serial number in previous pic)

Anyways, this is the kind of wear the speaker had. All edges are in great shape.

post-15072-13819273722722_thumb.jpg

At the moment I don't have the Chorus II's and the Acadamy together. I bit of a hodge podge right now. Ulitmately, I'm gonna have to get back to this question.

But, the short answer is, the Chorus II and Acadamy did fine and so far I can't tell much diff between the KT-LCR and Acadamy. But, I have a long way to do to really say that for sure. That was only watching Nemo and doing a little back and forth between them.

D