Ebay moron (scammer), any thoughts to share with him?

Coytee

Preface: I'm selling my wife's Rolex on EBAY. It's a LADIES watch and the BIN price is $3,950. (and no I'm not shilling the watch here)

That said, I got one of the local scammers trying to scam me. The following is his commentary copied directly out of the email.

Q: Dear Mr. or Mrs. I noticed your item listed for auction and i'm very interested in it.I want to express this way my firm intention to purchase it. Due to the value of the item i was wondering wheter you will accept using an escrow service in our transaction due to the guarranty provided for both of us. Ofcourse, beeing my idea, i'm offering to pay for all the costs implied in the transaction.I want to know more about your item and also please tell me the final price at you are willing to sell your item.I want to thank you in advance for your gratitude to answer my inquiry. You can contact me at fuentemv@aim.com to discuss further this aspect. Sincerely, Albert

To which I responded:

I'd love to sell you my watch. It's a man's watch & my final price is $15,000

Best regards to your excellent response.

Hello,

I agree to offer you $15,000 + escrow fees + shiping costs.

The escrow service i use is Ecledos Solutions (www.ecledos.com) ,i already have an account opened with them, i have another transaction going, they also gave a GUIDE PAGE that will help you understand how it works.
First we start a transaction , after that i will send my money to them in their bank account, and after i recive the product the money will be transfered to your bank account.
I can not take my money back if that is one of your concern until you decline the transaction and even if i send back the item, the escrow will not let me take my money until you receive back the item and confirm that all is ok and give your aproval that i can take my money, you also have a period of inspection before you give aproval that i can take back the money.After thye 2 days of inspection expires they will automatically transfer you the money without asking me.
This service also makes free insurances for item transacted if we use UPS,fedex or DHL for shiping.
So escrow is a guarrantie for both of us.
You can also register ,is free and easy.

Email me as soon as you can.
Sincerely,
Albert

Oh Albert...

I agreed to using an escrow service...

I did NOT agree to use one of YOUR choosing.
We can either use my escrow, NO escrow or the deal's off.

Ok.

What escrow service do you have in mind?

Just send me a check & I'll send you the watch. No sense in not keeping it simple. Why pay others fees if no need to?

Ok, so this is where we left it as of about an hour ago. I'm leaving in an hour to prepare for our seminar tonight (that we're putting on).

Anyone have any "love" they'd like me to share with Albert? I know he's just fishing so if you can think of any nibbles, I'm game to string him along. I really would like to simply break his fingers for being a sleezeball.

Your waisting your time and serenity dealing w/ this guy.

Report him EBay and never return any emails to him.

It's obvious a scam.

------------------------------

Good luck selling your Rolex watch.

I recently read a thread about a very similar scam. Guy selling a Mac Powerbook on Ebay was contacted by a "buyer" in the UK who proposed to overpay and use his escrow service. The seller was immediately on to his scam so appealed to an on-line site for ways to get him. Ultimately, they built a phony powerbook and shipped it. Also put a friend on site at the ship to address in the UK. It was all pretty interesting and the ulitmate penalty was that the scammer had to pay VAT and import tax on the declared value, so he was out quite a sum of cash.

Sadly, it seems I'm going to miss my chance at getting scammed...

His response to my above was

Hello,

I can not send my money firs without seeing the watch first, i have to know if it is genuine, please no offence. Is not that i don't trust you but i have been scamed once before and i don't plan leting repete it self.

Albert

To which I replied I was sorry to hear he was scammed & thank you for your interest.

(I'd still rather break his fingers)