RSW 15.....What to Expect ?

rockbobmel

Boy, I wish there was a RSW-15 I could demo in my home.

No local dealer to help out? Our local dealer will let me borrow anything for about a week with a debit card number up front. Sometimes with used stuff I can borrow for free.

This is why buying from a competent local dealer helps,me I walk into three major High-End dealers and walk out with trial gear without paying a dime! With almost any piece of gear they have.Because they know me and I've purchased mucho from them over the years.I never buy from online dumpsters.

I don't know if it's because of where I live or what...but there's not a dealer in this city that'll let you walk out with a piece of gear unless you've paid in full or you're on your way to the police car in hand cuffs.

One of the more popular dealers is my primary source for electronics. I've known them for more than a decade through 3 new buildings. I've spent enough in there over the years of car and home audio to pay someone's salary for a year.....but they still wouldn't dream of letting anyone, including me, walk out with loaner merchandise. Maybe it's the type of city we live in.

There is a Klipsch dealer about 3 blocks away and he will let me take anything home. I've known him for 35 years. He don't carry the RSW-15 though. Maybe only the RSW10. He mainly sells Paradigm, Acoustic Energy, and Joseph. I could order one but he charges almost full List on most stuff. . . That's where I got the Velodyne about 18 years ago. I could get the klipsch for about$1000. if I shop around.

I used a Paradigm 1200 for a year or so B4 getting the big RSW 15. Both units can shake the windows pretty good but the Klipsch does it faster and with a cleaner, less whumpier, sound. I'm no audio critic so descriptive words escape me. But...the RSW is a distinctly better sounding and more powerful unit than the Paradigm IMHO.