New Logitech PC Speakers

JerrySVT

quote:

Originally posted by SomeGuy15:

" i did, i tested BOTH systems and decided ont eh 4.1"

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't u buy the 4.1s and then test the Z-560s. Wouldn't you be just a little biased?

I'm sorry but such bias can change your perception a lot. Just take a look at this BB and the couple of times people were rocking up saying that the Crossfires weren't as good as the v2-400s because they owned the v2-400s.

no, i bought the v2.400's like a year ago, then the 2.1's and then tested the Z560's and then bought the 4.1's... i like them more, so hate me.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

As objective as your trying to be justin, your just like me, and u want to get Klipsch because of the enjoyment you got from the v.2-400. It's the same with me, I know the pros' sound quality is not the best, and I'm even a little (emphases on little) disappointed with the 5.1 sub (but it's still the best pc speaker sub u can buy). But I got them still because I had the v.2-400, which influenced my purchase.

i guess i am a little biased... i mean come on. i went from LabTec stereo speakers to Roland DS-50A

speakers and all were easily blown away by the v2.400's. and they were cheaper than the Rolands.

But, i am not as biased as to pass up a deal like that with the LogiTechs because of pride... I really just liked the harsh (?) tweeter sound that only Klipsch seems to be able to provide.Smile.gif~

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

• 1 year later...

----------------

On 11/25/2001 12:04:00 AM Btrigg wrote:

The thing with the megaworks is that gamespot put them as bad at high volumes. Of course they definately aren't audio experts, but they said the midrange and overall quality was better than all systems at medium volume, but when they were pushed, they lost all that quality. The logitech is an impressive system, with better midrange, and a better overall sub, stop arguing this. It's amazing they can sell them for that cheap. For all u people saying u like Klipsch sound more, your just saying that because u know the pros have been beat. It's hard for me to say that considering I just bought the 5.1s (at least the sub is still better) but it is true. The pros have the advantage of a lower sat xover, asthetics, and possibly a LOUDER sub, but thats it. Those advantages (if u ignore the disadvantages) are not enought to pay 3 times the price, at this level.

----------------

I don't know what the sat xover is of the logitech's so I'll leave that alone, as for the promedia5.1's sub being LOUDER, no dice...it edges out the logitech sub in the area of quality (which doesn't mean as much in movies / games as it does in certain types of music..in my humble opinion) but not quantity, and yes I did test this myself, as best I could. With the logitech sub and the pm5.1 sub in the same room (in the middle of the room so I was hearing as much of the subs as possible and as little of the "free bass" you get from puttin them in corners) I played both a bass test, and some bass heavy rap, both myself and my 2 friends I had with me agree that the logitech sub did handle the LOUD bass better, remember this was to test loudness not quality. I do recognize the pm5.1's sub does win over in the detail category and quality...but it's not as cut and dry as everyone makes it sound...it only wins these categories when the volume is not loud, as all 3 of us found when the volume was turned up port noise / turbulance came into play. I'm not an audiophile and I don't know half as much about most of you about how sound is produced or any of the technical stuff...but I know what port noise / turbulance sounds like...and I'm pretty sure my pm5.1 sub isn't defective...cause there is one other guy in my rez with one...and he admits his sub does the same thing when it gets too loud. Oh and as for aesthetics...beauty is in the eye of the beholder, personally I really like the way the logitech's look.

Didn't Amazon have a $40 rebate on the Z560s bringing the post rebate price to $100? Plus they were throwing in free shipping.

"Logitech Z560 Speakers THX Certified $101 at Amazon.com Click Here

Discuss (19) Posted 2:16 PM PST 11/9/02 by Ben

If you've been waiting for good speakers, buy now. These speakers remain unrivaled in their price range (double or triple the price range even). Grab them at $141 - $40 rebate = $101 shipped! Reviews: Xtech : Game3D : CoreWare"

Guess they raised their prices.