New Logitech PC Speakers

JerrySVT

Could you provide a link to that review or scan it and post it here? I find it hard to beleive thatn ANY reviewer out there would feel safe about his job so much as to say sometihng else smoked Klipsch. That is just too dangerous to your career... did he work for LogiTech? LoL!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

First of all the conditions were logitech vs klipsch in a side by side comparison. Catch, logitech controlled songs, volume, setup, and probably other factors I can't think of. Ears is right, for $200 it isn't easy to "smoke the pros". And to beat them in volume AND sound quality(not just one), they'll have to sell their speakers for a cost that won't allow them to make much of a profit, which most companies aren't willing to do.

I'm assuming they were playing really low bass at high volumes where the 8" on the z series has the advantage in quality, probably not output.

I'll be first in line to buy these Logitechs, because I'm sure they don't totally sell out there customers after one year. Meanwhile, I have 4 satellites, and 2 subwoofers with no amp to push them, and why should I pay $161 for a replacement sub/amp when I can get this whole set for ~$140

~$140 where?

Are you talking about the new Logitech speakers?Ah maybe you can get them at cost!Ah well in this case the Logitechs should be a tremendous value.

I saw the preview pics and the systems looks mighty good.Hope to see them soon in Canada.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I tried to get some real stats on these things just for comparison, I got this reply (I wonder why they didn't answer):

Thank you for using Logitech's Electronic Technical Support. The following information has been submitted by our technical staff in response to your original question. You may wish to print this out and/or save this on your computer.

RESOLUTION:

==========

Unfortunately, the information you are requesting is proprietary and cannot be provided.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with the information you are requesting, as it is proprietary. All information that is non-proprietary and non-confidential is available on our web site.

???

================

I'M NOT HAVING ANY TROUBLE, I JUST WANT TO ASK SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE Z-560S. THIS LOOKS LIKE AN IMPRESSIVE SYSTEM, AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME MORE ACCURATE STATS. THERE'S NO DOUBT THAT THEY ARE GOOD, BUT EVERY SYSTEM SO FAR HAS ADMITTED THAT THE 400 WATTS RMS IS NOT TOTALLY TRUTHFUL. HOW ARE THESE TESTS DONE? FULL BANDWIDTH, 1KHZ TEST TONE, LONGTERM, SHORTERM, .1THD, 10THD? WHAT ABOUT XOVER FROM SATS TO SUB, AND WHERE IS THE SUB CUT OFF. IS THE FREQUENCY RESPONSE +- 3DB, 6DB? I'M NOT SURE WHERE ELSE TO ASK THESE QUESTIONS, SO I'M HOPING SOMEONE CAN GET THIS ANSWERED FOR ME.

http://www.logitech.globalsupport.com

If you have additional technical questions regarding your product, please visit our web site at www.Logitech.com and submit your question.

Thank you for your interest in Logitech Products.

Regards,

Logitech Customer Support

Internet Support: http://www.logitech.globalsupport.com

Web Site: http://www.logitech.com

FTP Site: ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/TechSupport

FaxBack & Sales: (800) 231-7717

Support Hotline: (702) 269-3457

Ahem

PC speakers are not High-End,even the VideoLogic Sirocco PRO while very high quality is not High-End.

High-End is Krell,SVS(Ultra),Dynaudio,Wilson,Monitor Audio,Green Mountain,Aerial Acoustics,Thiel and the list goes on.Some Klipsch speakers could fit there too.

I know you were joking when you said Logitech was not infused by supreme knowledge overnight.

Still,Logitech could have a great speaker set.While not better then the ProMedia it could be very close.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hey ear, y u always listin brands. I've seen those names from your replys too many times. Telling them names doesn't do anything, u really shouldn't even try to tell them that the pros aren't highend, it doesn't matter. I know that those companies are the cream of the crop. The people that say Klipsch pros are highend don't care that much about speakers. They would have read about better ones, or tested them at a local store if they cared about highend audio. I propose putting the list of highend in your signature so you don't have to make so many posts saying that pc speakers are NOT highend.

Yes I do give short lists of brands.

Not to say PC speakers sound bad,Klipsch ProMedias and some other PC speakers can sound quite good.I said this before.

PC speakers cannot be compared with speakers costing ten to twenty times as much.

TheEAR(s) Now theears