Classic Yes or 90125

colterphoto1

[:P][:P]

What? No cries for me to be banned from the site?[:(]

Well, I guess there's still time![:P]

Gee, I think I'm losing my touch![:D]

I just found similar bands without the irritating lead vocals[:)] in bands such as King Crimson, ELP, Captain Beyond, Roxy Music, Rare Bird, Argent, Jethro Tull, Procol Harum, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Genesis, Giles, Giles & Fripp, Wild Turkey, Uriah Heep, Baker-Gurvitz Army (although they were a little later in '74 or so), etc.

Besides, I got burned out on so many listening to Yes non-stop!!!!!!!!!![:D]

But if I had to pick , it would be the Yes of their first two albums...

Enjoy!!![:D]

Wow--three hours?

I've probably spent that much time looking over the past few years--with no luck. the review was off AMG--allmusic.com

Maybe it will be released by their label sometime--there's definitley an audience for it--

FOUND IT!!! Well close anyway. He has it under another title. "Topographic ocean view" Says the sound quality is decent, we'll see. I'll let you know when it comes in.

Cool TRon---

Where did you find it--? I'll contact them, or can you send me a copy?

I'll make it worth your while--

Wow--three hours?

I've probably spent that much time looking over the past few years--with no luck. the review was off AMG--allmusic.com

Maybe it will be released by their label sometime--there's definitley an audience for it--

FOUND IT!!! Well close anyway. He has it under another title. "Topographic ocean view" Says the sound quality is decent, we'll see. I'll let you know when it comes in.

Cool TRon---

Where did you find it--? I'll contact them, or can you send me a copy?

I'll make it worth your while--

Only one copy, but when I get it I'll burn you a copy. It will be a couple weeks. PM me your address.

Dragonfyr, its music for the mind....that could explain it[:D]

You either like Anderson or hate him. I think hes great. BEST live show ever. They are pompus, so are most proggers. Guess thats what I like about them. Talent and they know it. Better than "thinking" you have talent when you don't... see Eddie "wow I can rip off a guitar solo for the next ten minutes, watch me go" Van Halen.

Yes, Genesis, Nektar, King Crimson, Porcupine Tree... you either get them or you don't. I don't get Creem, most do, eh, my loss I guess.

I have no part in the Yes success or failure so it makes me no never mind when people don't like them, I just TRY to redirect them because I enjoy them so much, but eh, your loss[;)]

I can't believe I have to put this next part in here but I've seen the forum react so....

PLEASE take this in the spirit its given in (I'm better than all you[:D]) these are just my opinions, however right they may be.

The following has been in fun, FLAME ON BABY[:P]

This is very much like Phish--either you like them or you don't .

They play (or played) with spectacular musicality over wierd lyrics, and Anastasio's guitar is constantly searching for new rhythms-- I think they are brilliant. Their live stuff is consistently exciting as heck, and its my favorite music to drive on trips, with all those long jams--

But---

Alot of people don't get them. They want only 3 to 5 minute songs with a definite structure, and jams aren't good music to them--

I wouldn't call them prog--but they have alot of the same elements as prog. Obtuse lyrics and long instrumental passages, mainly--

Different strokes, different decade--

"They are pompus, so are most proggers. Guess thats what I like about them. Talent and they know it. Better than "thinking" you have talent when you don't... "

Jethro Tull completely violated that tenet!!!!

(Well, all except the weird inclusion of Eddie Hobson during the truly weird "A" 'phase'!!! But then he didn't fit in at all! As Stormwatch was the last tour I worked, the subsequent phone conversations where he was mentioned were absolutely hilarious! And the makeup!!!!! Geesh! Tull meets Eno!)[:P]

Tull never was a band suited to the wimpy bars![:D] (Despite TS David Palmer!!!![:P])

Edit: re Myhamish. Can't forget McDonald and Giles! My bad!

And how can anyone forget Lothar and the Hand People!! Aren't those theremin a hoot![:P]

ditto to dragonfyr - Yes' first two albums were fresh, innovative and

exciting. "Harold Land", "Every Little Thing". "I've Seen All

Good People" and "Yours is no Disgrace" still set the stage.

However, when 90125 came out in the mid '80's (just when CDs were

coming out), it was excellent. All these CDs still get a fair bit

of play. The remaster of 90125 is outstanding.

Here's a few more obscure groups in addition to dragonfyr's list.

They include McDonald and Giles "Birdman" (which I highly recommend -

story goes that many tracks were supposed to be the KC-ITCOTKC

successor), Gracious, Barclay James Harvest (the poor man's Moody

Blues), Klaatu - and oh yeah, Gentle Giant. Nothing like a

screaming Mellotron at five feet. TWTD. Hamish

• 1 month later...

sorry, abit late, but there is no other, the "original", even from the concerts I have seen on both sides of the house, yet I do have 90125.....YES........[:-*]

dragonfyr, don't laugh....I have seen people get banned from here that I got along with and chatted with long before you became a member here....test Klipsch and you'll find out......*cheers*......

90125 was really great, but I'd have to stay with the original Yes. As for the new Yes, what was the album they put out after 90125? I have it, and I don't recall. That says everything.

It's like every great song the new Yes would ever do was on 90125. God didn't give it to them a few at a time. [;)] But after that, they were all out of good tunes. Completely out. [:P]