Gilbert

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, i'm still trying to hide Merlin![:o]

Terry

Terry,

Does that mean you aren't enjoying that little rascal yet? Sounds so sweet.

Bruce

Bruce,

Are you kidding? Been listening night &day. She is a sweetheart!

I was on the Merlin demo list, she liked it here, and wanted to stay.[;)] At some point, "the old woman" will ask about the extended demo.

Lynn has a good ear and loves what Merlin has done for the system. Don't think that I will be in too much trouble.[A]

Regards,

Terry

Shhh. She hasn't found out about the Khorns, ...yet.[H]

Gilbert,

Send me your phone number; I would be more than glad to speak with her and help you out[A]

OT: You like Formula One. I have an associate here in NWA who shares your profession. We drove to lunch last week in his 911 turbo and were pulled over for speeding. When the cop asked my associate why he was running 123mph in a 70, his reply was" because I hadn't shifted into 5th gear".

Shhh. She hasn't found out about the Khorns, ...yet.[H]

When the cop asked my associate why he was running 123mph in a 70, his reply was" because I hadn't shifted into 5th gear".

Yeap,... I'm sure he liked that response, and it's only in a 996, or a 930 that a guy can get away with statements like that. I read about a trooper that pulled over a guy for doing some assinine speed across the desert, and while the trooper was walking up the to car, the driver spoke into his cell phone, saying, "Beam Me Up Scotty, There's Unfriendly Life Forms Down Here". Upon hearing the guy say that, the trooper said he couldn't stop laughing, and bid the guy a good day, and let him go.

A turbo porche has been on my dream machine list list for a very long long time. I had contemplated buying a used low mileage 996, but I just don't make the kind of coinage (not with a wife and 2 children) it takes to get one right now. Hopefully within 10 years.

Anyone know how long of a grace period PayPal offers to Buyer's? I'd better go a research it, ..because I may just need it.

I'm not sure you're going to want to file a claim with Paypal. If they pay out, they will require you to ship the speaker to them (at your expense). I got the impression that you are looking for reimbursement and also to keep the damaged speaker.

I filed a Paypal claim once for a printer that arrived in 15 pieces. I had to ship the 15 pieces to Paypal in order to get my money back.

Dave

I'm not sure you're going to want to file a claim with Paypal. If they pay out, they will require you to ship the speaker to them (at your expense). I got the impression that you are looking for reimbursement and also to keep the damaged speaker.

I filed a Paypal claim once for a printer that arrived in 15 pieces. I had to ship the 15 pieces to Paypal in order to get my money back.

Dave

Seller (I Sold It.com) has stated that they do not want the speakers back. I informed the seller that the only circumstances under which I will keep the speakers is if I'm refunded at least half the total price. Otherwise, they can have them back.

The Seller has already contacted FedEx and advised them not to return the speakers to her. She has also already filed the claim for the bid amount fo $600 and some change. She says (?) that as a business, they are obliged to give the full price back to me since I paid for the insurance. And that she wants me to keep the speakers.

If all goes well, hope, hope.....I will have paid $200, which isn't bad, even though they're damaged. I'm pretty sure I can make them look decent, but they'll never be the same....[:(]