RF7 or RSW15

big c

The choice is simple. If movies are your main use, get the RSW-15. If music is more important, get the RF-7s with DeanG crossovers.

I have both options covered. The RF-7s are not used that much in movies, but the sub is working in any action movie. A good sub adds immensely to the movie experience.

If you live in an apartment, get the RF-7s. The RSW-15 may get you evicted.[:o]

Bill

I have a dilema, I am going to upgrade from a rc3 to a rc7 everythings good so far. Budget allows a second upgrade if the price is right . Fronts from rf5 to rf7 or sub from rw12 to rsw15, Opinions needed !!!:)

I agree with Mr. McGoo for the most part. I think the difference between the rw 12 and the RSW 15 would be more dramatic and would be my suggestion especialy if you have at least a 50% movie preference. Then the next upgrade I would move the RF-5's to surround duty and get the RF-7's . IMHO, you will be done upgrading your speakers. [:)]

The RF-5s are no slouch. I'd think there woul;d be many things I'd upgrade before those. The difference (as noted earlier) between the RW and RSW line is imense in the sense that they are not as muddy and will dig a lot deeper than the RW line. That looks like it would be the way to go.