Outbid on CW's

mowntnbkr

That's getting up there for CW's. If you can't wait any longer, prepare to let yourself get extorted a little. If you were in Houston, I could tell you where you might get a pair for around $600 or so..... maybe. Did not look at 'em real close b/c I was busy buying KHorns from the guy. They seemed nice. He said a tweeter was out in one of them, if I recall correctly. How would you ever get 'em to Alaska?

Easy, just have them sent to Seattle and put them on Alaska Marine Lines. Have them 3 days later. They take great care of all the stuff they barge. My LaScalas, Heresy's Big screen tv and even our new Maxima arrived without a scratch, and the speaker only cost 28 bucks to send. So all in all it is not an issue at all. They have a good system going. I really would like to get a pair of CW's. Have them in the rear with LS up front and heresy's in the center.......oh Yeah. So, if anyone knows let me know. Thanks

Cheers

That does seem like the high end, even for a mint pair. Your first mistake was to bid with more than 10 seconds. My premise is that everything on ebay is worth the same "$1 more than what you just bid." People are greedy and given the time to think will justify bidding higher. Unfortunatley, bidding at the last second (sniping) takes that opportunity away and in my opinion is the only waay to go.....just don't do it against me because I hate when people do that ;)

I didn't have to wait for long. Thanks to D-man here on the forum, he let me know of another forum member (Pbear) who has.............er, had a pair of Cornwalls for sale. He had just won them on ebay, but decided he liked the CW II's bass better then the I's he had just won. Just before I headed down to Seattle I rcvd and email from D-man. I went to Pat's house Wed night and had me a listen.....wow!!!. He had them hooked up to an ASL amp (only 3 watts) and proceeded to play some vinyl for me. It was audio bliss. Well needless to say I now own a set of 1984 CW I's in beautiful shape, he is packing them up to be shipped on Wed. So, week after next I will have an all Heritage system!! 1989 LaScalas, 2005 Heresy's and 1984 CW's. I think it all dwarves my new rsw12, but I will still leave it hooked up. I was warned the slope was slippery, how true, how true. The best thing of all is that SWMBO of 17 years hasn't batted an eye. Just makes it all that much nicer. I guess I need to update my Signature now [:D]

congrats on your score, I think that's the quickest turnaround from dissapointment to bliss thread that I've ever read. Good job to the brotherhood of Klipschers out there for helping ya out. Dman is one of the good guys around here.

Pretty ridiculous price, even for mint, glad I didn't get involved there, they're in my back yard....

Michael

Yepper,

I got mine for almost half that price and in just as good condition. Heck, factor in the shipping and I am sure I got them for less than half. They should have been put on the barge today, meaning I will see them this Sat. or Mon.

I'm sure they're perfectly safe, but that has to qualify as one of more bizarre forms of Heritage transportation I've ever heard of....LMAO

Michael