Therapeutic Fight Thread

pauln

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I made a Bunch of lists! I am deaf, cheap, have terrible tastes in music, don't own any K'Horns to wizz off of, have about $1.25 invested in wires of all sorts, have never owned tube Anything, Love my Heresies, and am pretty happy in spite of all of the above!! [:P]

colterphoto1,

The next time FedEx does a flyby near your house you need to pull your LaScalas out of your garage, aim them skyward and crank em to max volume. I'll bet you totally jam their radar and they have to reroute them around to the other side of Indy...lol

hahaha

Federal Express is flying planes very low over my home tonight, and I live MILES from the friggin airport. It's 12:30 and I've had a plane directly overhead every minute or two for over 2 1/2 hours now. WHAT THE HECK is going on up there?

And most importantly, why don't realators give you this type of info when you buy a house. This guy made like $10,000 to sell me a home directly in the flight path of our airport. It's so loud I can't even hold normal conversation or talk on the phone outside. Beautiful 2 acre wooded lot that sounds like an industrial district.

I HATE MY HOME!

M

Colter,

WTF? Didn't your "Realtor" give you a form like this? See #17. Don't "Realtors use a form similar to this one in Indiana? If not, they certainly should. Maybe I am overly sensitive being a "Realtor" myself?

BTW-Realtor is one syllable, not two (as in realator). [;)]

Michael Colter _ Statewide Buyer and Seller Advisory - 4-05.pdf

I've decided almost half of you have terrible hearing. The other half are too cheap to invest in any real upgrades. If you hit the lottery tomorrow you might upgrade your interconnects. 10% are on track and know what they are doing -- and these are pretty much ignored by everyone else.

I fell into that 10% at one time. But now Ben C. can claim fame to the upper echelon of your percentile. [;)]

Boo hoo hoo [:'(] I am a nothing again according to Dean.

Duke -

At one point I was driving them (the La Scalas) with a Krell KAV300i. I've never had a SET, closest I got was a Jolida integrated with a pair of 6550s per side. Without the REL they still had NO BASS.

[:D]

Jeff -

I didn't "get rid of them" - minor series of events (company closed, house foreclosed, personal bankruptcy, other stuff) forced relocation to a foster home (Sound Dog's) where they're still living happily...

Is it really necessary for MythBusters to get to the bottom (no pun intended) of the widely held belief that LaScalas don't have bass?

How can a 15 inch woofer in an eight cubic foot bin not have bass?

I hear it just fine (and have I mentioned that I hold the high score of -42dB on the bass distortion listening discrimination online test?)

More specifically, who out there using vinyl and tubes (especially SETs) thinks their LS are bass shy? And what are you listening to?

Pauln, ready to rumble (no pun intended, sort of)

First Paul, it's not an 8 cubic foot 'enclosure', most of that is the horn mouth, the enclosure itself is only about 2-3 ft3 (the doghouse)

There is bass aplenty for traditional musical instruments, but it's not enough for todays ultra synth mongo bass tunes nor will it suffice on it's own for Home Theatre. Sounds good to me on 2 ch vinyl, but won't keep up without sub for CD or other uses.

So I guess I agree with you, darn, no arguement here..... sorry, i've just deliberately wasted your time.... sorry....

Michael

Not a waste at all. I think my LS are playing everything I want to hear. I know there are sources and program material that go lower, but that's not my thing. If it was I'd get a CD player and a sub. I guess what I mean is that I collected all my music pretty much already (records), and any additional aquisitions would be more records (don't like CD sound). So who else (source= records, amps=tubes) is happy and unhappy with their LS bass?

Wow! I made a Bunch of lists! I am

deaf, cheap, have terrible tastes in music, don't own any K'Horns to

wizz off of, have about $1.25 invested in wires of all sorts, have

never owned tube Anything, Love my Heresies, and am pretty happy in

spite of all of the above!! [:P]

ROTFL!