Best TV in the $1000.00 range...

SilverSport

I am looking for a new telelvision for a second room...I would like widescreen but I don't have to have HD (or do I...) for movies and TV viewing...I had been looking at BB and others and found some talk elsewhere about the Sony KD30XS955 being the cats meow (for a tube TV) but it is deep and heavy (160 pounds or so) another nice set was the slim Samsung in 30" as well...lighter and thinner than the Sony but I dunno about Samsung quality...pisture looked great at BB but you know how that can be at the store...lastly there was a Sharp Aquos LS26GA5U...smaller picture but LCD and a nice picture as well...all right around the 1K mark...I am open to your thoughts and experiences...thanks for any help.

Bill

If you're going to watch movies and cable -- you could go with a Panasonic 42" ED plasma. It will cost you about $1400 plus accessories that you desire, but it would have a killer picture.

Visual Apex in Washington is a great on-line supplier. I bought mine through them. I think they're Panasonic's largest internet dealer in the USA.

http://www.visualapex.com/plasma/plasma_details.asp?chPartNumber=TH-42PWD8UK&MFR=Panasonic

Chris