F/S Dynaco ST70 amp Rebuilt

lwhaples

The new to me MK III's are here, so up for sale is a ST70 Dynaco amp. Rebuilt by Craig with 

just over a month of run time. Just enough to burn in the tubes. I bought this from a Forum

member only because my ST 70 choked a power transformer.Sweet amp! Just no need for it.Price

is $550.00 plus shipping. Craig can give the details. Hope the links work.

Larry

http://www.handquilt.com/larry/IMG_0565.jpg

http://www.handquilt.com/larry/IMG_0566.jpg

http://www.handquilt.com/larry/IMG_0567.jpg

Yup this is indeed a very good deal on a completely rebuilt and modified ST70. I used Roy's at tube4hifi.com front end board and reworked the design to utilize 12AU7's rather then 12AT7's. With the amp using the stock configuration of 12AT7's is just too darn sensitive at 1/2 volt to full power IMHO. I set it up for 1V to full power. Then it has all my standard fare in the rest of the amplifier beefed up power supply and full bias control with test points up front for easy access. Of course new gold RCA jacks mounted slightly further apart to allow larger barrelled interconnects then stock. All this without a single hole drilled in the chassis. This package alone retails out at $450+. This amp cosmetically was a real nice condition.

Craig

I'm very interested in this amp. I couldn't get the pictures you linked to load though. I'd like to know more about the rebuild and how I can expect it to sound in my system. I use Bob Brines FT-1600 speakers (Fostex 167E MLTL), passive preamp, modded Art DI/O DAC, Nad 521i CDP. My amp is currently a Bryston 3BST and its very revealing and gives the system too much edginess. I'm hoping that the ST70 could relax things.

Eboz, Welcome to the Forum! And Thanks for the intrest in the amp. I

really can't say if it will work better with what you have.I bought it

when my other died,and I didn't want to be without sound.I tried the

links and they worked for me. If you want I can send pics direct.

Larry

Thanks for the welcome. I am mostly interested in what are used for the coupling caps, the condition of the transformers and the power cable. Is the chassis now safety grounded?

The coupling caps are .33uf @ 600V Russian Mil spec films, The power cord is original, the transformer are original Dynaco cloth leads if I remember correctly. Larry why don't you take a under chassis shot for him.

Craig