Have a 2 watt amp. Used Klipschorn or RF-7?

yikes and away

I have K Horns. They did fine with a 20 wpc Scott integrated, but the bass response improved a lot when I added QSC 1202 powerhouse (135 wpc from 20 to 20K at low distortion. Over 200 wpc when measured using the "sissy" 1khz method).

I hear that the RF7 likes a lot of power (like 200wpc). It turns out th eK Horns do to. I can see teh RF's needinmg more power because they are not fully horn loaded.

Anyway, if you have never had the king of the hill, you need to try them, especially if you have corners. I have never had good corners.

Plus, remember, you can pick up a DBX or Rane external crossover and run the woofers with a nice powerhouse and use the 2 wpc for the mid and tweeter.

WHat 2 watt amp do you have? I am looking into a SET amp for my midrange driver.

Chris

I suggest that you not do anything as precipitous as selling your 45 amp simply based on someone else's say-so. The more cautious approach would be to find someone with Khorns who will let you audition them with your current amp. Then if you don't think you are getting enough volume out of the 45, them you can look elsewhere for a more efficient speaker or a more powerful amp. I suspect you would sooner or later miss the sound of the 45 tube if you really like it. I have noticed a few posters on this forum with 45 amps and Khorns who love the combination.

I do think that an RF-7 would need more power than 2 watts.

I do think that an RF-7 would need more power than 2 watts.

Two watts with the RF-7s is a wonderful combination and a joy to listen to. I am astounded every time I fire up my 2 watt tube to drive my RF-7s. As you may guess the bass can be a little light. I sometimes compensate by driving a powered subwoofer in parallel with the mains.