F/S Forte II $350

MadDawg

Bozeman. I have a pair of Forte IIs that I'm not going to part with but you could give them and my Cornwalls a listen if you're ever over this way.

Well thank you very much. It will be awhile but I may just take you up

on your kind offer. Right now I am in caregiver mode as my bride

of 42 years is convalescing from major back fusion surgery just one

week ago. But we do get to and thru your area on occasion so you may

have a taker. If you hear of any Forte IIs in the Northwest

please keep me in mind. (I take it you are most happy with

yours...[;)]

Hey could I say ditto to what Tom said if anyone around chicago land or west of there have forte II's. I'm about 3 hours straight west of Chicago.

I have 4 and would like to try a 6.1 set up with all forte II's. Those oak one's in Florida sure looked pretty. Great price also. I just watched some go on e-bay last week for over 700 but that included shipping. I would rather pick up with-in a reasonable distance. Black Satin or OO. I have two of each and could work either into my system.

The Forte is a great speaker. I'll send you a PM (private

message) with my cell number so you can call me if you want to check

them out. In the mean time, I'll let you know if any Fortes pop

up around these parts.

Thank you very much. I do appreciate it.[:)]

Merkin and Michael; please let me know if you find too many or the wrong color match or whatever.

Thanks. Tom

under his breath : (seems to me we should ration and control how

many one person can own...)

[;)]

Yes Mike but, all I have are forte II's and a small quintet system. You wouldn't want to deprive me of that good heritage sound. And besides what would my academy work with then?

No, but I'd like to stop by and hear them sometime. THere must be something to their sound if DUKE thinks they're all that. Plus I have the KG4's and love that smoooth bass.

If anybody sees a pair around the midwest, give me a jingle, will ya?

Michael

Sure Mike, anytime your in the Quadcity area give me an E-mail and you are welcome to come by and hear them. Maybe sometime when you are on one of your quest for la scalas or cornwalls. I do like the sound of the horns but I've never really heard much else. I bought my first set back in 89 from a local dealer, the salesman at that time said they would work great for HT and he was correct. So last spring I started to get a HT set up using my Forte II's.

• Moderators

This is dtel's wife:

I just wanted to thank everyone involved in this transaction and making Christmas wishes come true. Michael you are truly a wonderful person for allowing me to take your place in line and purchase these Forte II's for dtel. We picked the speakers up from maddawg today. Just as he said the speakers are in excellent condition and dtel couldn't be happier. This set of speakers is a perfect match to our other Forte II's, oak clear finish.

I would also like to thank MadDawg and Mrs. MadDawg for their hospitality.

They couldn't have been nicer. We were able to listen to Cornwall's for the first time. We also were able to listen to an Academy for the first time...very impressive if I say so myself. We are still pursuing the complete Home Theater setup which will require another purchase of Forte II's.

However, upon completion of the home theater set up, my objective is to purchase a pair of Klipschhorns. How many of you guys thought you would ever hear a woman say that? Being married to dtel for 27 years I have heard a lot of speakers, every shape, size and price range. I am truly convinced without ever having heard the Klipschhorns that they must provide the ultimate experience in music listening if all the other Klipsch speakers sound as good as they do. And yes, Michael even those ugly looking LaScalas could have stayed as long as necessary, they sounded great, just didn't have a big enough room to turn them up.

Again thank you all for your help and consideration in getting dtel these speakers as part of his Christmas. Between the new Kabota tractor and the speakers the guy is in a state of shock.

Finally, thank you to our daughter Jamie and her fiance' Johnny for purchasing these for her dad for Christmas. I was broke after the new tractor.

Well, you all are nice folk, and there's been some hard times around there. Bet it's been wild having family from N.O. staying with you. Glad that all worked out okay for you. You've certainly had your share of Klipsch listening experiences this year. Let's see, from owning ForteII's to living with my LSI's for a month, to hearing CW/Academy. No wonder you've got the mighty Khorns on your wish list. You must be a pretty special lady. I hear a lot of guys moan about WAF and SWMBO here, and here you are setting up your hubbie with all the toys a guy needs.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer family. Happy Holidays.

Michael