Icy Roads & Texas Drivers... BAD Mojo!!!

TommyC

What a fun drive to work! Icy roads in Texas are a very bad thing. They bring out two kinds of drivers. The "so terrified they drive 10 mph even when the roads are still dry" types and the "proving their manhood by driving 80 when everyone else is driving 40" types! Unfortunately, they tend to bump into each other alot!!! I hate winter storms! That is part of the reason I put up with the rediculously hot summers!!!

LOL yes this is a true statement. Having grown up in VT I laugh about how nervous people here get over an inch or two of snow. Of course sheet ice is much worse and interchanges like the high 5 (highest part is over 12 stories high) are not very winter friendly.

Luckliy my commute is only 5 miles on local roads so no need to get out on the highways. Lots of tipped over 18 wheelers on the news this morning. [:)]

Laters,

Jeff

BTW I always drive the exact perfect speed for any given road condition [:)]

I was born in Michigan,grew up in IN,then moved to Dallas in

1981-91.I'm used to driving in 2+ft of snow but when it snowed or came

an ice storm on TX roads it really got wild.Ice really is a hazard that

many unused to it don't fear till its too late.Its also

sleeting/raining/snowing in Southern IN today and some of these drivers

ain't to swift either.

Ridiculously Hot in Plano, TX - C'mon are you serious, trying living in the Devil's Armpit - Laredo, TX with over 100 days of over 100! I grew up there so I know heat.

There are just as many idiots here in VT you would think that they lived in TX when the first good snowfall hits. I have Nokian Hakkapalita's all around on my car to trudge through the frozen tundra. I just have to watch out for the two kinds of people mentioned above as well.

The problem is the cities do not have enough equipment to deal with the snow and ice. The other is people are not use to driving in it.

I work nights here in Austin at a manufacturing plant and the management said "When the roads are being closed we will let everyone go home". Everyone really appreciated that since it shows that upper management does not really care about our safety if they wait till roads are being closed before they realease 600 people. If we keep everyone another hour and half we can produce 1500 more gizmos. Hopefully everyone made it home safe!!

I remember those fun days in Laredo I lived at the pool!!

Xman

The thing about my brother Texans is that they appear not to notice evil weather and continue to drive in their usual fashion, which is none too exemplary.

Sunday, on the way to Matins, we passed two overturned cars several neighborhoods separated. We are talking city streets, beautiful weather. It must have been some party.

There are notable exceptions. Visitors always comment on the difference between Fort Worth and Dallas drivers. I'll leave the rest to your inagination with one clue. The population of Fort Worth is far more indigenous.

Yep, Texas is a whole 'nother country.

DRBILL