FS: KLF-20s - $550/pr Dayton, Ohio

GiLL

Hiya gang!

I recently bought some RF-25's and decided to sell my beloved KLF-20s. I bought them discontinued in 2000.

They are in overall excellent condition with only a couple small nicks on the back of the cabinets.

These are for local pickup only in the greater Dayton, Ohio area (Centerville). Sadly I don't have the boxes for them still.

I am asking $550 for them.

Questions? You can PM me here or shoot me an email to thgill@gmail.com.

Here are some pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks!

Gill,

Welcome to the Form.

My question is why sell the KLF 20's? They are a much better speaker than the RF 25, sound

and quality wise.............? Your price is Very reasonable for these btw.

Aesthetically my girlfriend likes the black RF-25's better. Plus the dealer I bought them from will let me just pay the difference if I want to upgrade up the Reference line.

Aesthetically my girlfriend likes the black RF-25's better.

Hi, personally, I don't care much for stained wood either, so I'd toy with the idea of painting the KLF 20's Black. That way, girlfriends happy, but you'll be even happier.

I painted my raw Birch Heresy with Rustoleum 777 (satin blk), and they came out beautiful.............. and sound better too.[;)]

Those KLF20 would KICK the RF25's butt!

And I can't believe all the talk I'm hearing here about people taking furniture grade wood veneer (hardly used any more by the way kids) and PAINTING IT. Just go get some MDF cabinets with vinyl wrap if you want black. Sell these to someone with classic tastes who likes speakers to look like furniture please.

Stop the madness. leave the wood alone. It's beautiful. Maybe I'll buy these just to save them.....

Michael

And I can't believe all the talk I'm hearing here about people taking furniture grade wood veneer (hardly used any more by the way kids) and PAINTING IT. Just go get some MDF cabinets with vinyl wrap if you want black. Sell these to someone with classic tastes who likes speakers to look like furniture please.

Stop the madness. leave the wood alone. It's beautiful. Maybe I'll buy these just to save them.....

Michael

+1000 on that!

Michael

Yeah, I wouldn't have the heart to paint the cabinets.

While I agree that the KLF20's kick the RF25's butt, I can trade up through the dealer I bought my RF25s through. I am going to probably go up to the RF7's by summer.

Michael

Yeah, I wouldn't have the heart to paint the cabinets.

While I agree that the KLF20's kick the RF25's butt, I can trade up through the dealer I bought my RF25s through. I am going to probably go up to the RF7's by summer.

if you upgrade to rf-7s then you will be back to the same size cabinet of a klf-20. wouldn't you be upsizing instead of downsizing like you originally said?

if you upgrade to rf-7s then you will be back to the same size cabinet of a klf-20. wouldn't you be upsizing instead of downsizing like you originally said?

Well, downsizing in a sense of not having multiple sets of large floor standing speakers setting around my apartment.

Plus theres no guarantee I will move up to RF-7s. The girlfriend might veto that move.

She just hates that I have all this stuff in our home. I have sold off quite a bit of electronics, video games and other stuff..

Gill,

I am not trying to start a macho thread here, but a word of advice. If YOU like them, sit down with

her and explain your feelings............you honestly Can't give in to everything.........there shoud be

a compromise.............that YOU can live with! been there and learned!

metal on metal..............screaching........"The girlfriend might veto that move."[st]

Gill, Just a simple word here. Don't take relationship advice from us old single guys on the Forum, that included BIllH LOL. And Me.

But do listen to what you are saying, my apartment, our house, who's place is it anyway? Don't be graduated to the basement or workshop in your own home before you ever move in man! I think most ladies (watch me now) wouldn't mind a pleasant pair of nice oak wood slim cabinets around the house. She can use them for plant stands or put candles on them. LOL

Just don't sell off the family jewels, okay?

Michael

Michael,just wanted to let you know I picked up the klf20s from

Todd.The Oak finish will remain intact.They sound great,I'm listening

to Bad Co right now and am very happy.Todd is a great guy and made the

deal easy.Thanks Todd.