LaScala Industrial on eBay

dwillie

Wow I just looked at then I was not aware they were that much less efficicent (96 db 1m/1W) than the home version La Scala (104 db 1m/1W). They look like they are in great shape. BIN of $1750 seems a little pricy not sure what year they are, looks like the input plate says 1980.

Yup, K43 woofer. Otherwise just the same. I got lucky and bought me a pair in Belgium for 700.- and that together with a pair of ind. Heresies. Now I have doubled that to get the K33 in there and good networks. Still not bad for the Old country where everything is 4 times as expensive. (except weeds [:D] and good cheese [Y])

Yup, K43 woofer. Otherwise just the same. I got lucky and bought me a pair in Belgium for 700.- and that together with a pair of ind. Heresies. Now I have doubled that to get the K33 in there and good networks. Still not bad for the Old country where everything is 4 times as expensive. (except weeds [:D] and good cheese [Y])

So you took the K43 out and put K33 in? That's less power handling but better low end. Can you post photos? Are your Hereises the HIP ported versions? Congrats on the purchase, those are some killer looking powerhouse speakers.

now about those weeds and cheese ??[:P]

These have the AL crossovers, but appear to be in good shape. If they are fibreglass, they are worth about $1000 imho. I paid $1450 for split version(easier to bi-amp and double stack) with fibreglass/aluminum trip. Have seen ones like this, once piece cabs with ANVIL ROAD CASES sell for $1600, so the BIN seems high. Looked again, these appear to be the earlier versions with the costly cast jack plates and just a pebble black paint finish. Price should be tops of $1000. Really $900 even considering the condition. Don't overbid people, these cabinets come around every 6 months or so.

Michael