Say good bye to all other subs,Thiis sub will move the entire house !

Paul

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Find one and listen,I think ear has to go over and listen,makes a hgs 18 look like a toy, on 1/4 setting this thing totally kicks you in the butt with very tight bass and super loud,sounds to me its more than they rated for spl.I may buy soon
Looking around to just see what others thought about this sub I found this review

How loud is the EP600? We don't know. Not for fear of damaging it, since the DSP ensures it will maintain its integrity, but for fear of doing structural damage to the house or losing bowel control, or both. Axiom claims a max of 122 dB of output, we don't doubt them.

To be quite honest we expected to be clobbered. We were prepared for a beating and would have been let down otherwise. What this behemoth truly impressed us with, was its sophistication. Loud yet distortion free, powerful but never brutish, it never bottomed out. It never overwhelmed a musical score. In fact it made the middle and upper frequencies more appreciable. It integrated beautifully with the M80ti's and was also a fantastic match for our Sinclair Audio Brighton towers. It gave Sonny Rollins' sax more soul, Wagner more fire and the epic score of Lord of the Rings more body.

Where other subs strain, the EP600 was effortless. Sure it filled the room with pounding bass but it never drew attention directly to itself. It didn't struggle and always seemed capable of more. Bass notes and kick drums had air that had been previously muddled; the bottom end was filled cleanly. As big as the enclosure is, it was its subtleness that wowed us. With the Epicenter EP600, less is more and bigger is better. A contradiction? Not in terms of performance, the EP600 is by far the best subwoofer we have yet tested. And at $2120 it's not another "one of those I'd love to own" components - it's actually affordable. Unfortunately we have to give it back and will have to make do with our collection of other subwoofers that have now been reduced to mere rumble generators.

And what about those voltage triggers and remote settings on the back that hint at future Axiom products? Well, we can't say much right now, but they've definitely got something cooking. We can't wait 'till the dinner bell rings.

Have you had hands on experience with it?... Axiom used to be an

inexpensive alternative to Paradigm and PSB here... but they've

attracted quite a bit more attention since they've taken their products

online only. Unfortunately it makes auditioning them

difficult.

BTW, the sub has been around for a while and applies physics quite well

with it's large enclosure. Should perform pretty well for a

ported 12".

Oddly enough With a quote like:

Say good bye to all other subs,Thiis sub will move the entire house !

I think along the lines of Tom Nousaine's "The Subwoofer That Shook The World" [:)]

ROb

A heard this sub and i have never heard a sub that comes close,listened to some music and watches part of a movie wars of the world to see what it could do.Just unreal !,My friends earth quake 12 wouldnt even come close,tighter bass abd it kicks you harder,I wouldnt ever buy PSB products,They are cheap and crappy customer service,paradigm are completely different but there subs are good but still wont be close to the ep600,With the ep600 Your legs move and i really didnt move them LOL.

That is.... until you read that the anechoic max spl is 111 db. There is no frequency mentioned or percentage of distortion. For all we know the maximum spl could be at 50 hz.

In comparison, the RSW-15 belts out 121 db at 30 hz, corner loaded at 1m. In comparing piston diameter, the RSW-15 has a larger surface area, which requires less excursion to produce the same spl as a smaller driver. In turn, distortion is lower. I am unsure of the tuning frequency of the RSW-15, but I assume it is near 30 hz, this is where it starts to drop off.

A passive radiator has some benefits as compared to a port, namely reduction in noise at high excursions from a smallish port.

RW-8: 103dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RSW-10: 109dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RW-10: 110dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RW-12: 113dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

Sub-10: 115dB @30 Hz 1/8 space 1 meter

Sub-12: 117dB @30 Hz 1/8 space 1 meter

RSW-12: 119dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RSW-15: 121dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

That is.... until you read that the anechoic max spl is 111 db. There is no frequency mentioned or percentage of distortion. For all we know the maximum spl could be at 50 hz.

In comparison, the RSW-15 belts out 121 db at 30 hz, corner loaded at 1m. In comparing piston diameter, the RSW-15 has a larger surface area, which requires less excursion to produce the same spl as a smaller driver. In turn, distortion is lower. I am unsure of the tuning frequency of the RSW-15, but I assume it is near 30 hz, this is where it starts to drop off.

A passive radiator has some benefits as compared to a port, namely reduction in noise at high excursions from a smallish port.

RW-8: 103dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RSW-10: 109dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RW-10: 110dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RW-12: 113dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

Sub-10: 115dB @30 Hz 1/8 space 1 meter

Sub-12: 117dB @30 Hz 1/8 space 1 meter

RSW-12: 119dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RSW-15: 121dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

As you noticed on their site its just a driver in a box and a large port out front,I heard the rsw15 and i have to say this one will eat it up,the driver is harder hitting and very quick responding .If i could a fford it I buy it,But its a little to much for me.

How do you think it would compare to the Velodyne 1812 ?

I heard the velo 18,It wouldnt come close,The velo is quick and tight but this sub hits you harder,kind of like some one smack you in the face,Like the company tells you and i agree after listening you must hear it and feel it for yourself.. .......The deepest, smoothest, cleanest loud bass you will ever hear For detached homes only!

I heard the velo 18,It wouldnt come close,The velo is quick and tight but this sub hits you harder,kind of like some one smack you in the face,Like the company tells you and i agree after listening you must hear it and feel it for yourself.. .......The deepest, smoothest, cleanest loud bass you will ever hear For detached homes only!
The 1812 is a different animal , it's my Holy Grail of subs . I was just jesting with the comment .

The 1812 is a different animal , it's my Holy Grail of subs . I was just jesting with the comment .
Oh sorry i thought you meant the 18hgs,No i have never heard that model.

its only a single12" guys....

Its only a 12 incher yes,What does that matter Did you hear it yet,LOL heres an other short review of an owner.I heard it my self and it does not come close to many others by far,go listen for yourself there are plenty of dealers in the us so there is no excuse.When you walk out the store door i bet you wll have the box in your hand if you have the money for one !

Review

I have had the ep600 for about a month now and I think I finally have the proper placement/settings (for now anyway). Watched LOTR Fellowship last night to check for LFE and the results were, well, moving. So much in fact that it activated the motion sensitive Denon 4806 remote. I've not regretted my purchase...

My Kameleon EL remote is lit constantly when cranking tunes, as a matter of fact, I have to remove the batteries, it kills them quickly.

I have another review on the RSW-15, thought you might find it funny.

Reviewed by: Shane, Audio Enthusiast

Price Paid: $1300 at Fort Wayne, IN

Product Model Year:

Summary:
I currently have a Klipsch KSW 12 and am fairly happy with it. It sounds great with my Bose 701 Series 2 front speakers. I like "lots" of bass so I thought I would try what most of the salesman at the local audio stores recommended. They said the RSW 15 would "blow" the KSW 12 away, so I bought one. I was "very" disappointed! It is not a musical sub at all. I never could get it to blend with my main speakers, no matter what settings or levels I tried. Even with the sub volume and receiver sub level turned down, the RSW 15 still drawed attention to itself quite a bit. A sub should blend in with your main speakers so you don't really know where the bass is coming from. I "always" could tell where the sub was at. It "did" have the ability to pound and vibrate things a little more than than KSW 12 but at a not so impressive sound quality. It actually took away alot of quality sound from my other speakers. For home theater, it performed better because its weaknesses weren't so noticable. It "will" rattle everything in your house if asked to do so. It has a little deeper and boomier bass than the KSW 12 but didn't sound as good for music or home theater. If both of these subs cost the same, I would honestly pick the KSW 12 over the RSW 15. If you are looking to buy a Klipsch sub, try this. Make the salesman put a KSW next to a RSW sub in the same corner of the room. You will probably notice that the KSW "holds it own" in a sound and bass comparison. The only people that will tell you otherwise is the sales people who more than likely work on commission! Listen to them at more than just one store if possible and make sure the subs you are comparing are set at near the same sub levels and settings on the back of the sub. The KSW subs are definitely under-rated!!!! I took the RSW 15 back within 5 days and got my money back. I am even more content with the KSW 12 now!

Strengths:
Will shake and rattle everything in the house!
Looks nice

Weaknesses:
Very large, heavy, not musical, overpriced, over-rated.

Similar Products Used:
KSW 12
Also have listened to many other subs at audio stores.

Assuming 1" thick mdf construction, and not

accounting for bracing, port, and driver displacements, I come up with

5.77 cubic feet, not a bad size. From the frequency response graph

posted on the Axiom site, it looks like the tuning frequency is close

to 17-18 hz.

I doubt it is even 1 inch thick mdf or baltic birch for that size box

the weight is off... It only weighs 100 some odd pounds? unless that

woofer is a whimpy 10 pounds the box itself for the size with 1 inch

mdf should easily be 100 pounds by itself.

Paul,

Relax,you are posting too much hype now,this subwoofer in no way eats a HGS18.The tried tested and true SVS Ultra powered by a 1000W RMS power amp does not eat an HGS18.And same with the Axiom,the HGS18 is a cleaner more refined sub,no9 matter what you may post here.

I heard the smaller btother of the Axiom you talk about(SAME WOOFER in a smaller cabinet powered by a sliglthy less powerful amp of the same design).OK and it is one hell of a sub,competes directly with the SVS Ultra/HSU VTF3 and the best subs using a 12" woofer.

Now you have much more subs to hear and to OWN before making statements like in your post "subject".

BTW I will after I get(pay)my three tube amps buy three to four massive subs next year,including this one.(one HSU VTF3HO/Turbo,SVS PB2-Ultra,and two to decide upon).I like to have all good subs in my collection [:D]

So again,this sub is VERY VERY potent and among the finest under $2000,but in no way bests a HGS18 or a DD18.NO WAY,ok.

I have many,many subs and many units over 2 grand and heard all that there is to hear.FYI I spend 10-15 hours each week testing and listening to audio gear.Ok,comprende? I am not impressed easy,and there is no best of the best that beats all commers in each test.

Michael,

Did I just read what I read? Is this clown,bouffon and jester posting his "review" to amuse peons smoking weed? An RSW15 not musical and overrated! [:$]

He is back with a KSW12 now and happy! LOL cubed,please someone give me medication,now. Proves the world is populated with

very limited little creatures not capable of separating garbage from quality.Oh well

Michael,

Did I just read what I read? Is this clown,bouffon and jester posting his "review" to amuse peons smoking weed? An RSW15 not musical and overrated! [:$]

He is back with a KSW12 now and happy! LOL cubed,please someone give me medication,now. Proves the world is populated with

very limited little creatures not capable of separating garbage from quality.Oh well

Yep I read that too and it drew a big huh! from me as well [8-)]