Say good bye to all other subs,Thiis sub will move the entire house !

Paul

CECAA850,

Exactly,the first time anyone hears a sub they prefer they thibnk it is a giant killer. And all of a sudden the whole house is moved...true if anyone lives in the house made of cards.

I just finished listening to a few tracks with plenty of deep bass...my HGS18 is one heck of a sub.Any subs that eats it must be quite huge and have large teeth. [:)]

Yes this one will definitive tech Trinity Signature,No problem !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CECAA850,

Exactly,the first time anyone hears a sub they prefer they thibnk it is a giant killer. And all of a sudden the whole house is moved...true if anyone lives in the house made of cards.

I just finished listening to a few tracks with plenty of deep bass...my HGS18 is one heck of a sub.Any subs that eats it must be quite huge and have large teeth. [:)]

Yes this one will definitive tech Trinity Signature,No problem !

[:D]

Hey its a new sub...the claims on this unit are sick! I am going to demand an audition of this new Definitive. Damn too many great subs to look forward to! [:D] Trinity Signature...I am looking at this monster.Must test,must test. At $3000 retail it is not even that expensive,wow me must try. MUST [:D]

I have a strange sensation next year will beanother year of The SUBWOOFER in this house [:D]

For me the best I've ever heard and/or used in my own system were a pair of BassMaxx B1 18" bass horns loaded with McCauley 6174 subs.

Yes, they were large (48" wide by 22.5" high by 48" deep) and heavy at over 240 lbs each. The upside was a sensitivity of 110dB, responce of 20Hz to 90Hz. +-5dB and max output of 135dB. They were very quick and musical but at the same time could literally shake the house. No they were never intended for home theater use. They were developed for concert sound reinforcement, theme park applications and dance clubs. The only reason I no longer use them is to keep my wife. Have to admit she was good about them for several years until we remodeled.

now these sound like the best of the lot!!!!

Greg

I guess it is OK to dream!

Perhaps the distortion and boom that sounds like 12 men beating on a rubber raft could be confused with being louder. Certainly not lower or cleaner.

As far as that Axiom subwoofer outperforming a Velo HGS-18 or even the HGS-15 for that matter, not a chance in hell. Velodyne's accelerometer measures cone movement thousands of times a second to ensure the cleanest, lowest and loudest output possible out of it high end subwoofers.

Velodyne has been making subs longer than many, many companies and have consistently put out a superior product.

Maybe you should make a cape for your super sub!

Guys...the Danley DTS-20 Tower of Power is still the Uber King of the

hill. And it comes from somebody who has more credentials in building

massive engines of LFE destruction than nearly anybody else on the

planet. At $3K, it is a flat out freaking steal. Then again...maybe you

could convince Tom to build you a Sonic Boom Cannon like he did for the

military...136 db at 3hz...and no, there is no missing zero.

Hey ear , what do you think of the Velodyne 1812 , and have you ever had the chance to hear that Monster ?

Never heard the 1812,I have the HGS18 and its 18" woofer moves about as much air as the 1812 18"woofer,the 1812 will be more accurate and sustain higher SPL.Just common sense,and with the 12" used as the "upper" deep bass woofer I can imagine it will have the best of both worlds.The depth of an HGS18 plus the "fast" slam of a smaller sized woofer.

I am happy with the HGS18,maybe in the future I will buy the DD18,just for the auto EQ feature.

Guys...the Danley DTS-20 Tower of Power is still the Uber King of the hill. And it comes from somebody who has more credentials in building massive engines of LFE destruction than nearly anybody else on the planet. At $3K, it is a flat out freaking steal. Then again...maybe you could convince Tom to build you a Sonic Boom Cannon like he did for the military...136 db at 3hz...and no, there is no missing zero.

Tempting tempting,very much so.These may be tall but take so little floor space.A definite consideration here.

I am happy with the HGS18,maybe in the future I will buy the DD18,just for the auto EQ feature.

Thanx for the reply Ear , Is the auto eq feature the only differance between the 2 , or is there more to it IYO ?

Take the auto EQ,on screen readout out and the new looks and both the DD18 and the HGS18 have almost identical output across the range,and identical amp design and power,identical or very very close woofer and cabinet size.

Same thing with the older Sunfire subs and the newer ones with the audio EQ.

Guys...the Danley DTS-20 Tower of Power is still the Uber King of the hill. And it comes from somebody who has more credentials in building massive engines of LFE destruction than nearly anybody else on the planet. At $3K, it is a flat out freaking steal. Then again...maybe you could convince Tom to build you a Sonic Boom Cannon like he did for the military...136 db at 3hz...and no, there is no missing zero.

Tempting tempting,very much so.These may be tall but take so little floor space.A definite consideration here.

Yes, yes - could be a real world "Heritage Subwoofer" candidate. I doubt that I could use it in the current dwelling, but my oh my - I wouldn't mind stowing one away for the day that I could.....

Things that make ya go hmmmmm.......[:)]

As I'm planning a room of decent size (about 29 x 17 x 9), I thought this Danley unit might be HUGE overkill. But looking at the spec sheet this afternoon, it looks like the small footprint might work well behind millwork. Looking at the picture, it appears that it is ported out the bottom, correct? If so, this might be imminently doable.

What amp would mate well with this beast??

Chris

A heard this sub and i have never heard a sub that comes close,listened to some music and watches part of a movie wars of the world to see what it could do.Just unreal !,My friends earth quake 12 wouldnt even come close,tighter bass abd it kicks you harder,I wouldnt ever buy PSB products,They are cheap and crappy customer service,paradigm are completely different but there subs are good but still wont be close to the ep600,With the ep600 Your legs move and i really didnt move them LOL.

Didya ever hear the SCS B4-plus crown K2 combo, huh, heh, heh, huh.........it ruined my house, so i dunno[:S]

A heard this sub and i have never heard a sub that comes close,listened to some music and watches part of a movie wars of the world to see what it could do.Just unreal !,My friends earth quake 12 wouldnt even come close,tighter bass abd it kicks you harder,I wouldnt ever buy PSB products,They are cheap and crappy customer service,paradigm are completely different but there subs are good but still wont be close to the ep600,With the ep600 Your legs move and i really didnt move them LOL.

Didya ever hear the SCS B4-plus crown K2 combo, huh, heh, heh, huh.........it ruined my house, so i dunno[:S]

Yes my friend has this unit big bucks but a excellent sub that will move you,The ep600 wouldnt touch it for sure, But I heard the trinty signature def tech and you would need 2 of the SCS b4's to get the same spl and wouldnt come close on digging as deep and distortion free,The b4 would have problems trying to keep up with the reference let alone the trinty,And also i might add you need three of your buddy's to move the trinty in your place 175 lbs, Id rather move 175lb box that is a better quality product than a huge box like the b4 190 lb of all wood,LOL.

Yes my friend has this unit big bucks but a excellent sub that will move you,The ep600 wouldnt touch it for sure, But I heard the trinty signature def tech and you would need 2 of the SCS b4's to get the same spl and wouldnt come close on digging as deep and distortion free,The b4 would have problems trying to keep up with the reference let alone the trinty,And also i might add you need three of your buddy's to move the trinty in your place 175 lbs, Id rather move 175lb box that is a better quality product than a huge box like the b4 190 lb of all wood,LOL.

As good as the Definitive Trinity Sig may be there is little chance it outdisplaces a B4-Plus with a proper 2KW amp.Dual 14" woofers VS four 12" woofers,four PR VS four ports.How much air does it move? VS the B4-Plus. Since the reviewers are whimps and nobody online has big subs to test A B besides me I will have to seriously think about purchasing these brutes in order to cut the hype.

As good as the Definitive Trinity Sig may be there is little chance it outdisplaces a B4-Plus with a proper 2KW amp.Dual 14" woofers VS four 12" woofers,four PR VS four ports.How much air does it move? VS the B4-Plus. Since the reviewers are whimps and nobody online has big subs to test A B besides me I will have to seriously think about purchasing these brutes in order to cut the hype.

The trinty has Two 14" long-throw SuperCube Technology subwoofers coupled to four 14" infrasonic radiators , 2000 watts Digitally-Coupled Class D Amplifier,No distorted porting on this box like the svs,as you see and read again the trinty has 4 passive rads with two 14"drivers ,The svs has 4 12' drivers huffing and puffing out 4 ports mated to a crown amp,this is the setup i heard and by no means will come close ear ,i dont care what you have heard for subs and svs subs,your subs dont even come close to be called a sub unless you heard the reference or the trinty,Tight super low heart throbing bass and distortion free,You would need 4 hgs 18 velodynes in each corner of your room and then some and still wouldnt be deep as the trinty.The spl on the trinty will reach 128db or more at 20hz on the meter down to 14hz at 110,.How can you say any thing when you never get into and listen to big buck subs,i guess you heard a danley or contrbass as well ha ha,You have heard carver wow ,you have heard velos Wow and a few others,You think your the only one around that has heard a few subs,I have had more subs in my rooms built around the world as testers than you have seen in a few local stores around your home,and i dont take photos of my lowners and say i have owned them.,i hardly believe you own as you state to every one 15 or more subs in your little room.All my firends have nothing but very high end equipment we swap and then drop them as we go along.