is this. Let me know where you live and how the well set up the

Best Buy is near you. Its its good or if it sucks let me

know. At least let me know the city the store is in, but address

would be golden. If I can bring them numbers to show them nicer

stores DO sell more of the Klipsch product then maybe they will let me

do my set up....and if they don't then I'll just move up the food chain

and try asking District management.

Matt

What's so bad about the way they are set up now?

Your bosses are probably happy with the amount of audio they are selling now, and they don't really care if it is Klipsch, JBL, Bose, or whatever, as long as they are reaching their sales goals.

Having the speakers "set up well" probably won't have as much impact on sales as you think it will. And even if you prove that stores with well set up displays have higher sales, it won't prove that the better set up is the reason for those higher sales.

I hate to say it, but you're probably banging your head against a brick wall, and not gaining any favor with your supervisors. I'd just let it go, unless you don't value your job.

The three Best Buys closest to me all Have the Klipsch setup all the way in the Back of the

Store.........if you didn't wander around you wouldn't find it!.

One BB in Muncie, IN did have a Badly set up HT attempt by the TV's with F3, C3, S3 with

a big Black leather chair and a Klipsch SW beside it! The whole area was maybe 2 ft X 2 FT.

in front was a Huge 50 TV!

Best Buy Avon, IN -Stinks

Best Buy Indianapolis, IN -Castleton -Stinks

Best Buy Muncie, IN -Making an attempt.........but it is sad!

OK, here in Fargo, ND the set up is pretty nice. As you enter the speaker room, Klipsch is to the right in it's own section, Bose is to the left in it's own section, with Yamaha, JBL, and the rest kind of lumped together in the back.

The wonderful thing is in the Klipsch and bose sections, there is a touch pad music selector thingee that allows you to play certain cuts of differing genres of music. Real easy to play a song on the bose, walk over and play the same song on the Klipsch for a night and day a/b test. I love to bring my friends in there and chase the salesmen away so I can do a proper demo, pointing out things to listen for, pointing out that you do NOT have the option of shutting off the sub on the bose etc. The other brands of speakers do not have the touch pad selector, just volume buttons.

Actually my favorite thing is to have my friends listen to bose, then march them over to the computer section of the store and listen to the Klipsch pc speakers. That is a rude awakening for a bose fan.

Good luck Matt!

There's only one Best Buy in Lakeland, FL. The sound room (with glass walls) is all the way in the back, but that's fine. As soon as you walk inside this large room, Klipsch Synergy loudspeakers are the first thing you see to the left (which is a good thing)...wander towards the right takes you to room dividers where JBL, Athena, and others are displayed. I suppose it could be worse; unfortunantly Klipsch aren't displayed with the large screen for HT viewing/auditioning, but they are the first display you see as you walk in the room...that is good!

BB is set up to sell TVs. There is no margin in TVs. They have to sell service contracts and cables to make money.

There is big margin in speakers. Management needs to learn about a concept known as contribution margin. Klipsch helps their bottom line with better margins; they deserve better displays.

Bill

I went to the Best Buy in Barboursville, WV last night. What got my attention first were some Klipsch speakers in a "home theater" display. They had a pair of nice theater seats in a front corner of the store, with a Stevie Ray Vaughan concert video playing on a 50 or 60" plasma screen. The mains were F3s and the sub was the SUB 10......not sure about the center and rears. The music was turned up pretty loud and the subwoofer was maxed out (too loud).

There was an aisle with several Klipsch speakers hooked to a switchbox for demos, but it didn't work. There was, however, a nice display with some Klipsch "in-wall" speakers that worked. The speaker numbers and selector buttons were not properly labeled, though, which made hearing a particular speaker rather difficult.

Hope this helps, Rick.