Building interconnects - need advice on digital cable

I have added some equipment and need to make several cables. In the past, I used Belden 9271 microphone cable.

I am going to try some Canare wire this time. two questions:

1) I used GLS Audio gold RCA's (eBay stuff) and and Neutrix X Series XLR's (I am using a lot of pro gear). Should I be using somehting different (better quality)?

2) EDIT: The Benchmark comes with a coax and an adapter that gets you to RCA, so an RCA cable works just fine.

Thanks,

Chris

I make my own interconnects. I really don't think that $200 cables will make a difference, but I do think that a quality cable shoudl be used. High quality microphone cable like Mogami, Canare or Belden is about $0.60 / ft. and good ends can be bought on eBay for a little over $2 each.

The Benchmark has a coax output that has an adapter to RCA so that an RCA out from a CD player can go into the RCA in on the Benchmark.

Chris

Can anyone tell me if the signal from my AH! player going into the Benchmark is an upsampled signal?

I used Bedkin (sp??) before and just picked up some Mogami quad mic wire at the Guitar Center today for $0.55 per foot. I read up on this stuff. It is cheap, sheilded, sold by the foot and that same stuff used in recording studios. I also picked up some Neutrix xlr connectors for the pro gear connections.

Finally, I'm about to order more of these (used them in the past - very nice, especially for the $$, read on other forums that after a few years they do not flake apart).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5718809101&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I solder everything. Really easy to do. Just sit there listening to the K Horns sing while I solder! My paradise if you will...

Chris

When using wire interconnects for digital for either AES/EBU or SPDIFF, you should use well shielded110 ohm wire designed for digital. Belden, Canare and Mogami all make a good product. Your connectors will work fine. You mentioned XLR's...If your input or output is ballanced line and the other end is not, you will need either an inline transformer or active conversion to unballanced. The coax is a no brainer as the adapter was supplied but the RCA connects should still be the mentioned110 ohm wire. Hope this helps.

Jim