just hooked up RW12..have pic "check it out"

klipschster23

I found the RW12 here locally threw ebay for 4bills yesterday..I brought it home and took it out of the box..hooked the cables and thought to myself..this is a big sub where am i gonna put it..At first i decided to set it next to the couch where everyone sits..wrong choice..it sounded so bad muffled and boomy..then i decided to set it just right to the sound stage facing the driver across the sound stage..OMG it sounds very nice. ..VERY MUSICAL...nice and tight well defined. enough power to do the job...IHT is not bad but this sub kicks but in music, ive had many speakr systems mostly klipsch but this kills them all..its truly amazing when u match it all to the same set..I had the velydine (spell check lol) SPLII 1000 10 inch paid $1350 (good guys)..but this sub blows the veyl away. I dont see how ppl could give this a bad review its just soo sweet...thx for your replies..cant wait to hear what u got to say.....Monty

post-19986-13819278279864_thumb.jpg

ive heard salesppl in my area say that all klipsch subs suck..ive heard it said many times. ive always been persuaded to buy other subs..this is my first Klipsch i think its awesome..i dont see how anyone could say its not.well ive even heard it on this forum quit a bit that many of the ppl here prefer other subs. For around 5bills u just cant go wrong with this RW12.

KEWL Brenny! its nice to hear other people enjoy it as much as me...Man I cant beleive how many people tried to detour me from this to buying other subs..I Actually I fell for it and spent way too much money down the drain, i regret..I bought that SPL II vel* 10" for $1350.00 what a waste of big dollars..this Refrence sub out performs it. I should of just trusted Klipsch on this one..oh well live and learn..im not forkin out that kinda dough anymore unless ive done all my research....Monty

Hi,

I've just purchased RW-12 for my system with Yamaha RX-V2500 130 WPC 7.1 system. I am having a problem with my sub, sound is boomy or too much bass that gives u headaches and its unbearable, i tried to play around with frequencies on my receiver, turned down all the settings for bass, almost down to none but still bass is too much, i even reversed the phase on sub and on my receiver but still sound is too boomy, can someone help me get good sound from this sub?

Do you guyz get heart rattling bass from this sub? or atleast bass should be tight enough and not get in head. I know everyone seems to like this sub thats the reason i bought it, but its not working for me.

My room is 14X20 with carpet and furniture and curtains, I have tried to palce the sub in corner, away from corner and away from walls too but still sound is muddy and boomy.

Jason I had the exact same problem when i first brought mine home and set it up behind the couch..My first impression was omg this sub sucks. then I decided to move it to a different location..I placed it closer to the sound stage pointing the driver across the stage( as shown in the pic)...Cleaned it right up! sounded awesome..tight and musical..i was so supirsed on how the location makes the world of difference..keep moving it around till u get the right sound..I found that closer to the mains sounds better..behind then or in front of the left or right mains..or off to the side as shown in pic...let us know if anything changes Jason....GL

• 4 weeks later...