Time for tubes

cruisaire

Nah ...... just another ol' 6V6 PP.

This is a tube that now interests me and will probably be my next foray into push-pull tube solutions. Not a lot of power but seems to be a sweet tube with very nice properties and an open midrange to boot. Some of the Japanese guys have really been getting into these 6V6 designs. I would think it an excellent solution, this coming from someone that has a great love for the EL-84, especially within the many vintage offerings.

kh

"This is a tube that now interests me and will probably be my next foray into push-pull tube solutions. Not a lot of power but seems to be a sweet tube with very nice properties and an open midrange to boot. Some of the Japanese guys have really been getting into these 6V6 designs. I would think it an excellent solution, this coming from someone that has a great love for the EL-84, especially within the many vintage offerings."

Scrounge up a 6V6 PP Magnavox console amplifier. They can pop up on the auction site for a decent price.

I want to try 6V6, I'm kinda curious about the tone.

6V6s have a sweet, mellow tone with punch IMO. My bro's Dared VP-16 6V6-based integrated amp literally blew away his previous (unmodded) JoLida JD 202a (EL34); it's sonics were more true-to-life, and only got better with quality tube rolling![H]

post-11084-13819278389998_thumb.jpg